Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA (Service Center, no longer on nav map)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 stalls and 4 taken... ;)
The handles still have the protective plastic over them.
2015-12-15 13.43.28.jpg

Starbucks in the background, as well as CVS and, my favorite, Habit Burgers!

Last edited:
Had to supercharge today. I left my work in Burbank at 7pm, but my navigation screens weren't updated (probably since it was underground). Stopped in last week and they said it would be a month before it would open. Ended up driving to Culver City to grab a charge, and the supercharger appeared on my nav literally as I was charging. Frustrating to drive 20 miles out of my way, but really glad it's open! Now I can drive from Irvine to Burbank with ease!

Greetings everyone. I just got my Model S a few weeks ago and joined this forum. As a resident of Los Angeles, this charging station will be extremely convenient for me during my commute between downtown and the Northern San Fernando Valley. I just hope there will be a vacant stall when I need it.

Greetings everyone. I just got my Model S a few weeks ago and joined this forum. As a resident of Los Angeles, this charging station will be extremely convenient for me during my commute between downtown and the Northern San Fernando Valley. I just hope there will be a vacant stall when I need it.
Welcome to the forums. If you have a garage, why would you not charge at home? Using a Supercharger gains you less than minimum wage as you wait. In addition Supercharging is hard on your battery compared to home charging.

Welcome to the forums. If you have a garage, why would you not charge at home? Using a Supercharger gains you less than minimum wage as you wait. In addition Supercharging is hard on your battery compared to home charging.
I was just thinking the same thing. Charging at home is so much easier and time efficient compared to SC'ing. The only time I have used a local SC is when I was pushing it to get home and had the spare time. It costs so little to charge at home, that I would not consider it for cost savings.

I was just thinking the same thing. Charging at home is so much easier and time efficient compared to SC'ing. The only time I have used a local SC is when I was pushing it to get home and had the spare time. It costs so little to charge at home, that I would not consider it for cost savings.

I didn't intend to use it daily. A full charge can last me an entire week if I only commute to work anyway (even without charging at night) but there was one time I had to use a public charger just to make sure I can get home comfortably with traffic and would have much preferred to have the SC for speed more so than money. Plus I stop by the Starbucks next door daily and sometimes use the Ralph's behind it because I have a carpool buddy who lives up the road there.

But I would use it a lot more if they could add a cigar lounge and bar. Just a suggestion....

I didn't intend to use it daily. A full charge can last me an entire week if I only commute to work anyway (even without charging at night) but there was one time I had to use a public charger just to make sure I can get home comfortably with traffic and would have much preferred to have the SC for speed more so than money. Plus I stop by the Starbucks next door daily and sometimes use the Ralph's behind it because I have a carpool buddy who lives up the road there.

But I would use it a lot more if they could add a cigar lounge and bar. Just a suggestion....

What if you don't smoke? That's as destructive as breathing smog from ICE cars. Just a suggestion....

And a bar would be pretty useless to me and my family, too. Living in Napa Valley, I'd just as soon that every third driver I meet wasn't drunk. Of course, no one will change that, because it cuts into profits.

Was at Burbank today with a service call.

This will be my stop on the way back from my golf coach. I asked if I could leave my keys there and they could move my car if my car finished charging and there was a wait before I finished eating (there is a nice Mediterranean place about .3 miles away)

They said there is nothing official but, that is possible. Also, they said they are debating a valet type service because they noticed they are already getting slammed at times.

6 slots seems a little too small for such a populated location with no other nearby chargers.

There was a car charging that looked to be there overnight. However, this could have easily been a service car.

I think 6 stalls is fine for true road trip traffic. But having several options for food and shopping nearby tends to attract people who don't really need to charge, but go there instead of other places to do their shopping/coffee/meal/...
I doubt anyone really thinks it's worth their time to go out of their way and charge at a local Supercharger just to save a few $ while they are just waiting. But everyone goes to Starbucks or grabs a burger or needs something from the grocery store. Many will go to the Starbucks/burger place/Vons with the Supercharger next to it.

They said there is nothing official but, that is possible. Also, they said they are debating a valet type service because they noticed they are already getting slammed at times.
Tesla is just going to need to do a software update so that once the car is charged it moves itself from the snake charger and if it's queued, it parks itself for the snake charger to plug in.

Charging here now for the first time. 60kwh battery started at barely 60kw with ~10% soc. I'm on 1a and nobody is on 1b.

Not or a complaint as such (other than the fact that I'm going to stuff up a charger for a while) but more of a data point.

I wonder if some of these Tesla are from ppl who live around the city. I got to the station with less than 20 miles range left, after an hour, the same three cars that been here before me are still here. Seem like the been here for hours.

Give this place only have six spaces, abusers like this only ruin it for others.