Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA - N. San Fernando Blvd. (LIVE 14 Oct 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At home charging should be a greater priority for LA. New rules for condos, on street parking or even at work is better than superchargers.
I've been charging at home since 2013 and understand the efficiencies. But these apartment owners are cheap. I was one. I talk to new owners often about trying to fight(successfully and unsuccessfully) their landlords to add chargers. No time to wait for infrastructure or gov't to legislate. Just get 'er done. Who else is capable other than Tesla?

Stopped by this morning and the crew was there. They are not Tesla employees, but are subcontractors. They say it won't open til February because 1) Burbank Water & Power is slow to run the main power, 2) Tesla does not want to work there people thru the holidays.

So February.

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 163
Dropped by today around 1pm.
Still no transformer and only one spot open all other spots occupied by non tesla vehicles.
This is going to be a nightmare when it actually opens.
I don't know how they're going to enforce unless BPD parking enforcement swings by?
Yes, that is such a small parking lot. But since the stalls are towards the opposite end of store entrance, I would say it is probably employees mostly. Hopefully Burbank parking enforcement do a good job.

What could be the reason for such a delay? the cabinets and stalls have been that looks like fully done for months now. Is it that Burbank Water and Power are difficult to deal with? lol
The guys I spoke to in early December mentioned city of Burbank would be the delay and why it would not open until March. Hmmm. Looks like I need to make some calls to the city Of Burbank. Matter of fact I'd like to hear about their rules if they have them yet, to allow homes to build a curbside home charger. When we start piling up EV's, we're gonna need some more space. If any Burbankians can make inquiry calls about that supercharger to the city, would be much appreciated. We can sort of gang up.

Reactions: rayluis1988
The guys I spoke to in early December mentioned city of Burbank would be the delay and why it would not open until March. Hmmm. Looks like I need to make some calls to the city Of Burbank. Matter of fact I'd like to hear about their rules if they have them yet, to allow homes to build a curbside home charger. When we start piling up EV's, we're gonna need some more space. If any Burbankians can make inquiry calls about that supercharger to the city, would be much appreciated. We can sort of gang up.
I will do so. Its ridiculous the time they are taking.

I just sent an e-mail to this guy. He was the one listed on the report about the opening of the new 16 stalls I think is EvGO charging station in Downtown Burbank - Newsroom - City of Burbank

Burbank Water & Power Media Contact
Glenn Oyoung
Marketing Associate, Public Information Officer
Phone: (818) 319-1635
Email: [email protected]

• Love
Reactions: DelPhonic1