Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only been to Burlington a couple times. As I recall you just have to cross a driveway then walk across a big parking lot to get to the Burger King.

Why are you driving to South Jersey to go to Hershey? Why not take 80, stop in Tannersville to charge then 33 to 22 to 78 to Hershey?

Sorry, I should have been more clearer. We are staying in Lancaster, PA (Eden Resort) and doing Hersey on another day that weekend. Now my wife is considering going to Crayola Experience on the way there, so now I might be heading on 78 and will do the Allentown, PA SC.

Reactions: madodel
Sorry, I should have been more clearer. We are staying in Lancaster, PA (Eden Resort) and doing Hersey on another day that weekend. Now my wife is considering going to Crayola Experience on the way there, so now I might be heading on 78 and will do the Allentown, PA SC.

Be warned though, 222 isn’t an interstate to cruise down. Crayola would be on way if you were going to Hershey down 78, but a bit of a pain if you’re going to Lancaster.

I would also agree with others that Hamilton is a much better stop with family. You’d be able to do a full lunch/dinner at one of the many restaurants.

Be warned though, 222 isn’t an interstate to cruise down. Crayola would be on way if you were going to Hershey down 78, but a bit of a pain if you’re going to Lancaster.

I would also agree with others that Hamilton is a much better stop with family. You’d be able to do a full lunch/dinner at one of the many restaurants.

Thanks for this feedback. On EV Trip Planner, we are debating whether to go to Crayola or Cherry Crest Farms (20 mins south of Lancaster) and mileage wise, they are very similar, but it seems if we go to Cherry Crest Farms, there are way more many supercharger options and is a quicker route.

Has anyone noticed that the Burlington chargers are slower than most? With SOC 50%, I can only get about 170MPH charge compared to Claymont, DE where I can get 400+ MPH. I work in Princeton, NJ and live in Exton, PA so this spot is my go-to before driving home (until the KOP chargers are available).

Has anyone noticed that the Burlington chargers are slower than most? With SOC 50%, I can only get about 170MPH charge compared to Claymont, DE where I can get 400+ MPH. I work in Princeton, NJ and live in Exton, PA so this spot is my go-to before driving home (until the KOP chargers are available).

The "MPH" figure is kind of a fudged average number and differs a lot from car to car and state of charge. It's hard to use that to rate SC performance. Next time you're charging there (or anywhere) take note of the Kilowatts (kW) being pumped in. That's a much more accurate and instantaneous measure of what the SC can put out. On a near empty battery and a full working, non-pair Supercharger, you should be able get a full 120kW of power. At 60%-70% state of charge, that might start dropping below 100kW. And at 90% state of charge, it might be as low as 20KW.

Last edited:
  • Informative
The "MPH" figure is kind of a fudged average number and differs a lot from car to car and state of charge. It's hard to use that to rate SC performance. Next time you're charging there (or anywhere) take note of the Kilowatts (KW) being pumped in. That's a much more accurate and instantaneous measure of what the SC can put out. On a near empty battery and a full working, non-pair Supercharger, you should be able get a full 120KW of power. At 60%-70% state of charge, that might start dropping below 100KW. And at 90% state of charge, it might be as low as 20KW.
OK, I'll take note of the KW next time. I took a photo of the Claymont SC where the KW was 105 but the speed was 447 mi/hr. I'll compare that to the Burlington SC next time I'm there.

Attachments

• IMG_5938.JPG
    IMG_5938.JPG
    877.2 KB · Views: 70
These are some of my least favorite chargers in the area. I do whatever I can now to go to Robbinsville. Usually full, usually slow and the 15 minute general parking for Wawa customers always leaves 1-2 spots ICEd in my experience. Those signs drive me nuts