Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to guess Thursday 7/18 for the first charge. I am not sure if Tesla announces it but I am guessing that someone will charge before it is "officially" ready.

Let me guess someone monitoring the build daily could happen to charge LOL... They did nothing over this weekend, I expect the wiring Monday and see all the TESLA hookups mounted in place and 30% wired Monday.. I shooting for it to be complete between July 1st & 4th.

That sucks. This is why they should have put the charge port in the nose.

At least with the SuperChargers you CAN back in.

There is a lot of J1772's in diagonal pull-in spaces where there's really no good option. e.g. At the Kirkland waterfront below. Nose-first there is absolutely no way for the J1772 cable to reach. But to back in that space you have to go and make a U-turn at the end and drive in the parking lot in reverse to get there.

And then when you pull out you have to drive against oncoming traffic until you can make another U-term.

Kirkland.png

That sucks. This is why they should have put the charge port in the nose.
Shucks, as I see it, it is six of one, half dozen of the other. Pull in and back out, or back in and pull out.:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

There is a lot of J1772's in diagonal pull-in spaces where there's really no good option. e.g. At the Kirkland waterfront below. Nose-first there is absolutely no way for the J1772 cable to reach. But to back in that space you have to go and make a U-turn at the end and drive in the parking lot in reverse to get there.

And then when you pull out you have to drive against oncoming traffic until you can make another U-term.
Yes, did that once at that location in order to have lunch at the Italian Restaurant. After all the maneuvering to get parked, remembered I'd left the ChargePoint RFID card in the LEAF. Duh!

View attachment 24303

And this maneuver is illegal on public parking spaces. In Portland it is a $50 fine.