Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I stopped by there today around 1pm on our way home from San Juan Island. There was an owner there with his daughter (I think) in a Black S with silver 21's. I recognized them from the Seattle Tech Talk a couple weeks ago but didn't get a chance to introduce myself (either time) as they left just as we got out of the car.

Also there was Justin (or was it Jeff :redface:? Normally I'm much better with names but I was kind of excited :biggrin: :tongue: :wink: ), a member of the Supercharger Deployment Team. He was checking each head to make sure they were functioning properly. He'd plug in and let it charge for a couple minutes. He said he had to give it time to send some data back to the mother ship so they could make sure all was well (paraphrasing what he said). He was in a Black loaner with 19's from the Seattle Service Center.

He mentioned that they'd go "live" next week but I didn't get any details as I assumed he meant that they'd be listed on the Tesla Supercharger page. I didn't even think about there being a "ceremony" until we were back on the road. I certainly hope they do something special!

That's my wife on the left and Justin bending over plugging in the car.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Library - 9490.jpg
    Library - 9490.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 498
I called the Tesla Service Center in Seattle. They couldn't tell me anything other than "yeah, one of our customers stopped in and said it looked pretty close". Not surprised but a little disappointed. You would think the first operational SC in the Pacific Northwest would be the subject of more interest by the employees.

Based on that, I doubt there is anything formal planned. But I'll cruise up there on Tuesday. Probably shoot for arriving around noon.

Last edited:
OK, give us a Tuesday time? I,m up for a drive. Burlington is only 66 miles from Seattle, i think. But we an all "favorite" together on our chargers. My S loves trips. I,m game. TIME?
Ok: I found out the Grand Opening is Now Thursday at 10:00AM, the inspection today passed this Supercharger Station, if not painting the parking strips, putting the signs up and adding some pregrown grass it would be open.. I can wait a few more days..

Stopped by today enroute home from Samish Island. No cones, no tape, no one there. Son hopped ouut and connected to a SuperCharger. After 25 minutes we had gained 72 miles,enough to get back to Seattle.

Signs on the posts could make things interesting. Large white letters on red background, "30 MINUTES PARKING ONLY"

Below that, large red letters on white background, 'EXCEPT FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING"

Could make it tough to discourage ICE parkingif/when other parking fills up.

Stopped by today enroute home from Samish Island. No cones, no tape, no one there. Son hopped ouut and connected to a SuperCharger. After 25 minutes we had gained 72 miles,enough to get back to Seattle.

Signs on the posts could make things interesting. Large white letters on red background, "30 MINUTES PARKING ONLY"

Below that, large red letters on white background, 'EXCEPT FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING"

Could make it tough to discourage ICE parkingif/when other parking fills up.

So it's working? That's excellent! Come on Centralia station, you're next!