Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buttonwillow, CA (10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be on the 5 southbound tomorrow morning, passing by Buttonwillow around 1000. I will take a look. But I am doubtful that construction will have started so soon after the permit has been issued.

In many areas, the construction starts the same day or within days of the permit being issued, because the issuance requires the payment of the building fees.

Hopefully, you will see some action.

Just registered after months of following TMC so here goes.

Was on my way home yesterday from Christmas visiting and decided to stop by the Buttonwillow site just to see where the new SC's were going to be constructed. From previous posts I expected to see parked ICE waiting for a table at Denny's. To my surprise I saw the first trenches and forms of what should be a popular recharging spot. I'm sorry about having only one picture to share but the parking lot was so full of cars and I had to drive by and take a quick picture so the trolling cars could keep moving. Time to change that blue dot to a orange construction cone, I would think.

After visiting this site, I continued south past the Tejon Ranch SC. From what I saw from the freeway, all the stalls were occupied with approximately four cars waiting. My guess is, if you can make it to Buttonwillow without having to stop at Tejon, you should have a great option to recharge. However, the Buttonwillow site can have quite a bit of diner traffic as was noticed yesterday, so be prepared to perhaps have to dodge parking ICE and foot traffic in and out of Dennys and the adjacent restaurants.

IMG_0380.jpg

Figure I would ask this group:

That's good news for sure. What are people's thoughts on how this would affect your planning for going North or South via I5?

With no real-time utilization info, I'm not sure how I would handle the process. Always stop at Buttonwillow going to Tejon and always stop at Tejon going towards Buttonwillow? Always have enough charge to make that extra 40+ mile trek and then if either of those stations are full, keep going and hope the next one is not?

Just wondering how you others would plan for this...

I think a lot of people's plans will be determined by their destinations and their departure points as well as how long they wish to linger at the previous Supercharger because of the taper. Buttonwillow is likely within reach from Rancho Cucamonga, but may require an additional 15 minutes of charge time. Travelers going to or from Glendale or Pasadena will likely be able to choose where they charge.

I drove through there Thursday and gave a big smile and wave.
Let me suggest this:
A) northbound traffic will hit Tejon Ranch first, then Buttonwillow and southbound traffic will hit Buttonwillow first.
B) people will be inclined to stop at the first charger
C) much traffic leaves L.A. Friday afternoons and returns Sunday.
Would Tejon have more load on Friday and Buttonwillow loaded on Sunday?
~Larry