Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buttonwillow, CA (10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20673 is a Subway. We will all have to look for signs of construction when passing through. Always nice to have charging options when on the road. Remember when, all we had were four superchargers!?!? Every time another supercharger comes online I think of how easy 'Tesla "long distance" Travel' is becoming! It's great to see the buildout of the TSCN. Station by station it is coming together.
image.png
image.png

Last edited:
20673 is a Subway. We will all have to look for signs of construction when passing through. Always nice to have charging options when on the road. Remember when, all we had were four superchargers!?!? Every time another supercharger comes online I think of how easy 'Tesla "long distance" Travel' is becoming! It's great to see the buildout of the TSCN. Station by station it is coming together.

Four? I remember when we only had 1 at Harris Ranch. I got stuck behind the same guy twice - way up and way down.

This is excellent. It will allow two options for me to travel from the SF Bay Area to LA in the future:

Current option: Bay Area --> Harris Ranch --> Tejon --> LA
New option: Bay Area --> Gilroy --> Buttonwillow --> LA

Feel free to write email to Kern County to speed up the permit. :)

- K

This is excellent. It will allow two options for me to travel from the SF Bay Area to LA in the future:

- K

Echo that. The New option sounds more appealing. Harris can be stinky. Tejon has too few an SC stall and even those have been dodgy of late.

Manteca will be great for those from Sacramento and parts north. Top off at Manteca, 200 miles to Buttonwillow, 75 mi to reach outskirts of LA (+ additional losses going up the hill) and another 40-50 to get into Orange County. Basically, 1.5 stops and no Harris Ranch or Tejon Ranch.

Echo that. The New option sounds more appealing. Harris can be stinky. Tejon has too few an SC stall and even those have been dodgy of late.
So I am taking my first SC trip up north to OR week after Thanksgiving and planned on stopping at Harris on the way to SF. Is it stinky all the time or only in hot weather? May change route and hotel option if it's super stinky!

So I am taking my first SC trip up north to OR week after Thanksgiving and planned on stopping at Harris on the way to SF. Is it stinky all the time or only in hot weather? May change route and hotel option if it's super stinky!

It's a toss-up, I'd say. To tell the truth, it was a tad stinky during only one of our four stops there thus far.

I've been there a few times and not once was it bad enough to complain about it.
But then again I grew up on my grandpas farm, the smell was a bit nostalgic and brought back some great memories so I didn't mind it
However Buttonwillow will allow me to skip Tejon on the way to LA which is great, I can also possibly skip Harris Ranch with a charge at Manteca.

The options are becoming limitless and I'm loving it!

It depends on which way the wind is blowing. Some people who aren't used to cows may find it quite objectionable. Others can tolerate it. I prefer the 101 route for a variety of reasons, but it does take more time.

- K

From looking at the map, it might even allow for:
Bay Area -> Buttonwillow -> LA
In other words, a single-stop trip to LA!

Then again, the margin-of-error on range might be cutting it a tad too close for comfort. (home to Buttonwillow is about 215 miles)
Now if only they'd put one at Bravo Farms (Kettleman City), that would be a lot nicer.

Regardless, always good to have more travel options.

From looking at the map, it might even allow for:
Bay Area -> Buttonwillow -> LA
In other words, a single-stop trip to LA!

Then again, the margin-of-error on range might be cutting it a tad too close for comfort. (home to Buttonwillow is about 215 miles)
Now if only they'd put one at Bravo Farms (Kettleman City), that would be a lot nicer.

Regardless, always good to have more travel options.

Yea, I mapped that and it says 215 miles from San Jose. But ... it's 310 RM in my 85D at 50F. EV Trip Planner