Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cache Creek, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went through this morning; nothing happening. Current sitting in 100 Mile using the CHAdeMO adapter at the visitor centre. Sure beats what was available last year (only L2 north of Kamloops), but I do wish it were a Supercharger (I’d be heading out already rather than waiting another 20mins).

Reactions: bolero
So scrap the Houston charger as it is now delayed until l2021, however BC hydro mentioned the Fraser Lake charger shoudl be up by October meaning the path West to Prince Rupert from Prince George becomes viable: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

it would be nice to have one or two more activated just for redundancy.
Thanks for the report. What was your source? Any other interesting timeline info for BC...and specifically the North

A CCS station showed up at east pine rest area near Dawson creek. Wonder if that’s a mistake, did they forget to indicate Chademo on the listing? Any thoughts? The North is an area we would live to explore next summer.

Cheers.

I have contacts at BC Hydro and BC Ministry of Transportation. I have created an article about BC Northern charging here:

More chargers coming to Northern BC – Prince George Electric Vehicle Association

Regarding charging North of Prince George, I believe there is supposed to be a 25kw dual charger near Chetwynd, but don't have the timeline yet (I am the person scheduled to test it when it's ready)

I think there may be some 25kw going out west in a few places as well but again location and timelines are a little up in the air right now.

I have contacts at BC Hydro and BC Ministry of Transportation. I have created an article about BC Northern charging here:

More chargers coming to Northern BC – Prince George Electric Vehicle Association

Regarding charging North of Prince George, I believe there is supposed to be a 25kw dual charger near Chetwynd, but don't have the timeline yet (I am the person scheduled to test it when it's ready)

I think there may be some 25kw going out west in a few places as well but again location and timelines are a little up in the air right now.

Would you be able to check into that east pine rest area and see if that is really just a CCS station. It’s on plugshare. We have relatives near Dawson creek.

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to mention. Great article. I see the east pine charger is mentioned there. I highly doubt it is CCS only. I suspect just an oversight on plug share.
Thanks again.

I’m currently at the Tesla Vancouver service center, and one of the sales guys mentioned that they are aggressively looking to expand the supercharger network to PG. He said it’s a priority. No specifics of course but sounds like there are boots on the ground working at it.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and PLUS EV
I’m currently at the Tesla Vancouver service center, and one of the sales guys mentioned that they are aggressively looking to expand the supercharger network to PG. He said it’s a priority. No specifics of course but sounds like there are boots on the ground working at it.
Yeah, it's the ultimate and logical goal to expand to Price George and all of interior BC, but It's been very slow lately.

Any updates on this location?