Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cambridge, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger has been showing “reduced service” and car doesn’t want to navigate to it since at least yesterday afternoon. Anyone know what’s going on?

This was a bit of an ugly surprise in the midst of our day trip from Cleveland to Cumberland. We ended up having to driving down to Parkersburg to charge.

Supercharger has been showing “reduced service” and car doesn’t want to navigate to it since at least yesterday afternoon. Anyone know what’s going on?

This was a bit of an ugly surprise in the midst of our day trip from Cleveland to Cumberland. We ended up having to driving down to Parkersburg to charge.
Reduced Service generally just means some stalls are not working or the power supply is lower than usual. It usually isn't a big deal unless it's a busy travel day. At the very least you should stop and check if your route takes you past it. But also prepare for it to not be functioning just in case. I definitely wouldn't drive all the way to Parkersburg without at least checking on Cambridge.

EDIT to add: Plugshare says there's construction in the Sheetz parking lot blocking 4 stalls, but the other 4 are accessible and still functioning normally. So there's your answer.

Reduced Service generally just means some stalls are not working or the power supply is lower than usual. It usually isn't a big deal unless it's a busy travel day. At the very least you should stop and check if your route takes you past it. But also prepare for it to not be functioning just in case. I definitely wouldn't drive all the way to Parkersburg without at least checking on Cambridge.

EDIT to add: Plugshare says there's construction in the Sheetz parking lot blocking 4 stalls, but the other 4 are accessible and still functioning normally. So there's your answer.
If you don’t have range to get to Cambridge and then on to Parkersburg if there aren’t functional stalls you really gotta drive to Parkersburg.

I didn’t think to check PlugShare which is a really good idea. It would be nice if the status in the car was more informative. The Tesla info said it could mean no functioning stalls or some functioning and we couldn’t find a way to get actionable information on the status. Even called the sheetz and couldn’t get a straight answer.

We stopped at this Supercharger early one morning about ten days ago. The sign at the Sheetz indicated that it was closing June 16. The store is undergoing a major remodeling according to the clerks, and it will reopen in late August or early September, if I recall correctly.

Perhaps this warning message has to do with the temporary closure of the store and the remodeling project undertaken.

Today I found myself in the vicinity of Cambridge, so went over to check out what's up with this supercharger. The Sheetz station where the supercharger station is located has been completely flattened -- building and fueling area completely gone. There's a new building being constructed; there was a construction crew actively working for the few minutes I was there today (which surprised me, given that today is Sunday July 4).

This is normally an 8-station location; 4 of them are blocked by temporary fencing. The construction crew seems to be using the fenced portion of the supercharger area for supply storage.

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4041.jpeg

Charged here twice over the long weekend. Just came to say, even though none of the spots are set up as head-in charging, it's possible to charge from parking across several of the parking spots behind the superchargers without blocking the "normal" parking spots, if you line your car up right. I've done a decent number of trips recently with a bike rack on the back of my M3; sharing this info for others looking to do something similar.

Reactions: PStewart