Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's safe to say that this took longer than it should of, right? Dealing the the unique two-tiered layout for the ADA section along with retaining walls did the general contractor no favors. Plus there may have been a few days chipped away at the schedule given that there's a decent amount of general vehicular traffic sharing the parking lot (Equinox gym). But if you use the San Clemente site as a proxy (which took less than 4 months from the permit siting to opening), than this indeed took quite a while. . . And the SC location may have larger power demands/specs given they are the "classic" style 120v Superchargers?

I suppose all this will be long-lost discussion once this site gets inundated. I promise you, I'm actually a very optimistic person! This site should have had 50-bays minimum.

Just swing by today, its "almost" ready. I can't find anyone there to ask when the project is supposed to be done. Maybe a few more weeks?

Attachments

• IMG_8211.jpg
    IMG_8211.jpg
    973.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8212.jpg
    IMG_8212.jpg
    722.8 KB · Views: 59
I just noticed from the photos posted that you will have no choice but to face the sun when you charge. It would have been nice if one row faced away from the sun.
Yea that’s going to suck during the summer. That’s how the larger station is in Las Vegas and it’s super freaking hot facing the sun! I was there over the summer at 115°F! Almost too hot to touch the charger.

If Tesla decided to add in the additional 6 chargers to this location, wouldn't that require a transformer upgrade?

Maybe that's relatively straightforward for SDG&E to accomplish, otherwise, I wonder why they wouldn't just install a 2000kVA transformer from the start. Just speculation...

I don’t think so. Utilities routinely run transformers past their rating,

Just spoke with one of the workers this afternoon. Carlsbad supercharger to officially open tomorrow, Monday, Sept. 24.
Those signs that say 30 minute general parking is just another way of telling the public that ICing is fine and we're not going to bother you if you park an ICE vehicle in a space badly needed for a BEV. I would much rather see signs that say EVs only while charging and all others will be towed at owners expense.