Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just talked to the only worker left at the site right now.

He said everything is working and has been tested by Tesla but they are waiting for a final approval from the city of Carlsbad regarding certain items.

He said it has to do with “pre existing conditions” that were not mentioned prior to or during construction.

Well that does not sound promising nor quick.

I saw that a couple of the legacy retaining walls that separate the upper level from the lower level by the ADA chargers are exhibiting signs of failure (leaning), but that would be a time consuming and expensive thing to repair. Hopefully the remaining issues are smaller....

The annoying thing is that the inspector waited until the project was complete before mentioning this. This is why people absolutely hate permitting agencies. The existing condition, whatever it is, was there for all to see. Why did the inspector wait until now to mention it? And they make it sound like it is the owners fault. How would the owner know what existing condition ran afoul of the Byzantine Carlsbad regulations?

And guys, let’s not point out all the site’s failings in this very public forum. Do you want this thing to open or not?

Anyways, if it’s more than a day or so delay, I’m sure this will make an interesting newspaper article.

Biked by this morning. Obviously still not opened. I noticed that there was an open area on the platform with some protruding conduit (see picture). Does something else still need to be installed there? There was no one around to ask.

Also, on the lower handicapped space, a Model S is apparently hoping to be the first to use this charger... the lower lot was surprisingly full this morning around 9:00AM

Attachments

• IMG_20180925_090416545_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180925_090416545_HDR.jpg
    648.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20180925_090533875_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180925_090533875_HDR.jpg
    671.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Informative
Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Biked by this morning. Obviously still not opened. I noticed that there was an open area on the platform with some protruding conduit (see picture). Does something else still need to be installed there? There was no around to ask.

Also, on the lower handicapped space, a Model S is apparently hoping to be the first to use this charger... the lower lot was surprisingly full this morning around 9:00AM

Given positioning and size of conduit, it looks like they tried to future-proof for more chargers (it's right next to the existing chargers' cabinets and heat exhaust).

Reactions: Ulmo
Biked by this morning. Obviously still not opened. I noticed that there was an open area on the platform with some protruding conduit (see picture). Does something else still need to be installed there? There was no one around to ask.

Yes, those conduits are for future expansion to add 6 more stalls at some point.

Still roped off and no activity as of 1:30pm. The San Diego Supercharger curse strikes again. I’ve heard legends of 30 day construction and openings, but never around here!

Time to call the press about how incompetent Carlsbad permitting is? Is there anyone working at Carlsbad that would care?

I was just at the site at Tuesday 1:30 PM. You can just drive in up the hill now, and cruise around through the good looking, nicely marked lot. No one there. All of the 18 urban style chargers are on display, except for the two handicapped ones in the lower lot...they still have black plastic covers. Unfortunately, there is still yellow caution tape separating "charging customers" from the chargers, indicating that they are not yet live. But, they sure are purdy, if that counts!

Still roped off and no activity as of 1:30pm. The San Diego Supercharger curse strikes again. I’ve heard legends of 30 day construction and openings, but never around here!

Time to call the press about how incompetent Carlsbad permitting is? Is there anyone working at Carlsbad that would care?
maybe waiting for one more graft payment?