Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautification underway...
F41D7193-0776-411F-9C91-7204981854E3.jpeg
43C5673B-E4CC-4639-8C95-23480AE1E92E.jpeg

Sure enough, only the two handicap spots work. 72 kW. The others seem to have power, but are disabled. I get a message in my X that says charging post disabled, try another one.

I don’t know who it was up thread, Randy?, that speculated that the pre existing condition that is stopping the top spots from working is the failing retaining wall below the top parking lot. That would be my guess as well since the bottom spots work.

If so, that’s a giant screw up by either the Tesla project manager, the construction company, the site owner, or the city of Carlsbad permitting. The question is, when did Carlsbad first flag this pre-existing condition, and who did they tell it to? It seems unlikely that the inspector all of a sudden realized the retaining walls were failing on the final day, but stupider things have happened. It is also possible that the site owner and Tesla knew about the Carlsbad concern, but have been arguing over who should pay for repairs.

Regardless, Tesla project (lack of) management strikes again.

Anyone get the name of that Tesla guy who promised 100 charging slots within a year at the downtown location opening?