Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC - 1111 Metropolitan Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll hold judgement until I see the install but I’m assuming it’ll be in the Trader Joes garage which is always jammed with people. Next time I’m in the area I’ll go scout the location.

From Atlanta to Louisiana, it seems like every Supercharger installation is in a Target parking lot, so with the Target right across the street, I wonder if that's a more likely site.

I think this is may be the permit #

Attachments

• 20220509_104513.jpg
    20220509_104513.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:
Real, full power supercharging sites exist in parking garages. Off the top of my head, I can think of two of them in metro Atlanta alone, both with V3 actually.

Conversely, the Indio, CA, supercharger install has both V2 and urban superchargers side-by-side in a huge shopping center parking lot.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 5

Agreed. Put them on the 4th floor. No one uses that floor. I use the 2nd floor when going to Target and there is even a lot of room on that floor too.

That's a great compromise suggestion!

I get why it would be problematic to put them in prime parking spots, right by a business's door or the elevators, but they also don't always have to be in the very furtherest, most undesirable spot, either.

Reactions: airj1012
Drove around each floor of the Trader Joe’s parking garage and saw nothing. The top floor was closed and when i approached the ramp, a security guard got out of his car and started to head my way. I proceeded out of the garage but they didn’t seem very happy with me. I’m sure in their eyes I looked like I was casing the joint driving around each floor.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9