Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CHGolferJim:

I was waiting until the P85D was announced. Then I had to pull the trigger! Delivered 2 weeks ago an I absolutely love it. I live in Roanoke and need the Charlotte SC to travel to Atlanta (hometown--also loved in Chapel Hill for 4 years--great town, still a Tar Heel)! Anyway, looking forward to your report on Charlotte.

- - - Updated - - -

I may have implied that I was anticipating the announcement of the P85D which is not true. I had been planning on purchasing a Tesla since early 2014 and the announcement of the dual motor drive pushed me over the edge!

Charlotte supercharger construction is underway. Crew is onsite and working.
image.jpg

Interesting location for it, I was expecting it to be closer to the road by the front entrance!

Actually, that locations makes most sense now. Especially to limit having the charging spots ICEd!
Walgreens has parking all around - people will prefer the front entrance.
Harris Teeter parking is obvious, and the other end of the parking lot is for the restaurants/shops - it gets busy there during lunch and dinner hours.

I used to live diagonally across the street at the apartment complex behind Bojangles...

- - - Updated - - -

One more note: the Indian restaurant diagonally across is a freaking awesome spot (IMHO)... some flavor for your recharge!
Persis Biryani Indian Grill
3130 Driwood Court
Charlotte, NC 28269

Last edited:
Actually, that locations makes most sense now. Especially to limit having the charging spots ICEd!
Walgreens has parking all around - people will prefer the front entrance.
Harris Teeter parking is obvious, and the other end of the parking lot is for the restaurants/shops - it gets busy there during lunch and dinner hours.

I used to live diagonally across the street at the apartment complex behind Bojangles...

- - - Updated - - -

One more note: the Indian restaurant diagonally across is a freaking awesome spot (IMHO)... some flavor for your recharge!
Persis Biryani Indian Grill
3130 Driwood Court
Charlotte, NC 28269

I have to agree on all accounts (especially the comment about Persis), I'm in the area three times a week for lunch so I'll be updating frequently. I'll ask the crew next time if they have an eta for completion.

If any of you guys are in the location and speak to the crew, ask them if they have any idea where they will go after completing the Charlotte location. Greenville, South Carolina?

Thanks!

This should be the same crew that did Atlanta. They've said to people down here that Charlotte was next, followed by locations in KY to connect Atlanta/Florida to Chicago directly.

Update via Carolina's FB group - "Talked with the crew, they have 8 stalls going in for charlotte. Time frame is to be done in 3 weeks. They said Syracuse, Utica, and West Palm are up next."

Nice pictures, thanks! I wasn't aware they were planning a West Palm Beach, FL Supercharger but the more, the better. I think the Miami/Plantation Supercharger will be built within the next few months.

They probably meant Utica NY, and *probably* meant that the SuperCharger would be in Utica but would serve the Syracuse area.

Utica is between Albany and Syracuse, and is about the "right distance" from the existing station in Albany. If you put one in Utica, and another one a little bit south of Rochester, you've connected the Boston-to-Buffalo legs of Interstate 90...

Boston, MA to Buffalo, NY - Google Maps

If you look at the future of supercharges on the Tesla website (Supercharger | Tesla Motors) you will see both locations in the opening soon status. The crew confirmed both locations in NY when i talked to them last week.
I was there yesterday not much progress since last week to photo document. They were mostly working on running electrical to the transformer location and each stall.

Side note: Charlotte service center is scheduled to open end of February according to the Tesla ranger that dropped off my car from Raleigh about 15 minutes ago.