Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chico, CA (LIVE 18 Jun 2019, expanded 2021, 18 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
zero chance it's done this weekend.
They are pulling wire as we speak so thats a good sign. Pedestals might be up by today or tomorrow. cant imagine they will want expensive copper wire exposed to theft ( although that has not been an issue it Chico)
Inverters are being wired in as well. they might be ready to patch back AC next week but we will see.
View attachment 399944 20190423_154916.jpg 20190423_154840.jpg View attachment 399944
20190423_154817.jpg

The thread title should be updated to 18 stalls. The pictures clearly show 9 cabinets and auto-transformers.
Yeah, its expandable to 18, but they are just putting in 14 for now per the plans I saw. I took a picture and it still looks like that's the plan ( I count 14, with two unused pads?
Pedestals are in, looks like it's getting close. Hopefully mid May?

Attachments

• 20190425_162827.jpg
    20190425_162827.jpg
    800.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20190425_162624.jpg
    20190425_162624.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 87
Yeah, its expandable to 18, but they are just putting in 14 for now per the plans I saw. I took a picture and it still looks like that's the plan ( I count 14, with two unused pads?
Pedestals are in, looks like it's getting close. Hopefully mid May?
Yes, two Supercharger cabinets are missing, yet they installed all 9 autotransformers that go between the distribution cabinets and the Supercharger cabinets. Strange.

I can't say its location until they formally submit an application. The location has been finalized and I'd expect to see a permit soon (month?). Its in a great spot, with good access to sr99 and connections to sr32 for folks heading up to Lassen/Lake Almanor area. I probably won't use it all that much, but its comforting to know that if I forget to charge and needed to head out of town unexpectedly, I can grab a quick charge to get to Sacramento or head up the hill to the lake without charging at home for 3 hours!

To be honest, I saw the 2018 date on the "Find Us" map for planned Tesla superchargers and thought no way we would have Chico's SuC by the end of the year, but this will be up and running before the fall! Cool to see Tesla hitting a planned date (even though its a wide 1 year window). A lot goes in to planning and installation of these stalls, like having to work with existing property owners, utility coordination, and the government.. .sheesh!

When I have the green light to share I'll be posting as soon as I get it. Sorry about the click bait heading! (Moderator note: thread title changed from what was originally posted)

Almost done, loving tesla
I'm guessing this is sarcasm, due to the time it's taken from inception to this point. It is insane the hurtles a company must go through to do a project like this.
Probably a little my fault for knowing about it 3 or 4 months before they even submitted a building permit.
Instill think it's amazing, Tesla is ahead of the competition and even with other options I think they are still spreading their lead.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm, due to the time it's taken from inception to this point. It is insane the hurtles a company must go through to do a project like this.
Probably a little my fault for knowing about it 3 or 4 months before they even submitted a building permit.
Instill think it's amazing, Tesla is ahead of the competition and even with other options I think they are still spreading their lead.
Yes, remember when it was going to be done before the fall?

:D