Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chillicothe, Ohio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla owners in central and western West Virginia have been waiting for this supercharger for years. This will make trips to Columbus, Cincinnati and Dayton areas a lot easier to plan. No more stopping back behind the dumpsters in Grove City in the middle of the night to get home.

Routes through Chillicothe, OH:

Dayton, OH to Charleston, WV: 206.6 miles -> 91.2, 117
Cincinnati - Marburg Ave, OH to Charleston, WV: 214 miles -> 98.5, 117
Columbus, OH to Charleston, WV: 164.5 miles -> 46.7, 117
Columbus, OH to Huntington, WV: 134.1 miles -> 46.7, 88.4

Always great to see a Supercharger hole filled.

I see you added it as 8 and 250. Is that default, or can you tell from the pictures? I see 4? charger mounts in the pictures so far.

In the second picture, you can see conduit stubs for 8 pedestals along a single island serving 4 spots on each side of the island. You can also see conduit stubs for two V3 cabinets. One of the pictures shows a V3 cabinet in its packaging.

Reactions: Chisale
Tesla owners in central and western West Virginia have been waiting for this supercharger for years. This will make trips to Columbus, Cincinnati and Dayton areas a lot easier to plan. No more stopping back behind the dumpsters in Grove City in the middle of the night to get home.
Not to mention that exit has been under construction for at least 15 years and most likely will continue to be under construction for at least 15 more.

Reactions: WVhybrid
In the second picture, you can see conduit stubs for 8 pedestals along a single island serving 4 spots on each side of the island. You can also see conduit stubs for two V3 cabinets. One of the pictures shows a V3 cabinet in its packaging.

Thanks for that. Do you know of another charger location that is configured in this 4 of each side setup? I haven't came across one.

Haha so true... That Grove City location is really sketchy. Not to offend anyone, and the area seems fine overall, but at night it's dark and not the best establishment nearby.

Anyway, super excited about this one. Thanks everyone for the info and photos! Virginia to Michigan was a little rough - esp. in winter.

This is the best news in a while;) My work requires me to travel to Chilli often, earlier all trips ended up with going north to Grove City to make it back to the Parkersburg area.

RE: Grove City SC, I can attest on the sketchiness based on personal experience. Around 1300hours on a Monday, four thugs in a Nissan windows down kept rolling on the access road encircling the parking lot staring at me like they did not have a care in the world, about the 4th time I stepped out of the car and pretended to make a call while keeping firm eye contact, they sped off shouting abuse. Locked the car and ran for groceries, it was a long shopping break...The problem with that SC is that it is in the empty parking lot behind the strip mall, on top of it there is bar right on the corner, and it looks open all day long. The Giant Eagle at the adjacent strip mall there has a large and quite busy for mid-week mid-day liquor section, "working" men for sure.
This is probably the last one I’ll get super excited to see completed. My 75 maxes out at about 228 miles now, and Charleston is 180-185 miles, so it was a little hairy in the winter.

Dublin OH to Charleston WV I assume, don't forget Cambridge and Parkersburg SCs, both at Sheetz locations. Super safe at Cambridge. At PKB, park in front and stay inside at night as they lock the side entrances after dark, meth addicts become active after 5PM, avoid hitting one staggering/hallucinating while on foot or BMX bike on 7th Street.

Last edited:
This is the best news in a while;) My work requires me to travel to Chilli often, earlier all trips ended up with going north to Grove City to make it back to the Parkersburg area.

RE: Grove City SC, I can attest on the sketchiness based on personal experience. Around 1300hours on a Monday, four thugs in a Nissan windows down kept rolling on the access road encircling the parking lot staring at me like they did not have a care in the world, about the 4th time I stepped out of the car and pretended to make a call while keeping firm eye contact, they sped off shouting abuse. Locked the car and ran for groceries, it was a long shopping break...The problem with that SC is that it is in the empty parking lot behind the strip mall, on top of it there is bar right on the corner, and it looks open all day long. The Giant Eagle at the adjacent strip mall there has a large and quite busy for mid-week mid-day liquor section, "working" men for sure.

Dublin OH to Charleston WV I assume, don't forget Cambridge and Parkersburg SCs, both at Sheetz locations. Super safe at Cambridge. At PKB, park in front and stay inside at night as they lock the side entrances after dark, meth addicts become active after 5PM, avoid hitting one staggering/hallucinating while on foot or BMX bike on 7th Street.

That’s a longer route (about 50 miles) than taking US-35 to I-64. It would work in a pinch, but the trip to Florida is long enough without that detour. :) I use the Cambridge supercharger regularly on eastward trips and always feel safe there. I’ve only used Parkersburg once, and that was early in the day. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Reactions: Kandiru
Updated pics. Some progress. Gravel covering a lot of the lower conduit and a new?? concrete pillar for a light.
download_20200727_094144.jpg download_20200727_094149.jpg download_20200727_094152.jpg download_20200727_094155.jpg download_20200727_094157.jpg download_20200727_094147.jpg

Thanks for that. Do you know of another charger location that is configured in this 4 of each side setup? I haven't came across one.
I've been to several locations that have the back-to-back stall setup. Couple of these been around for several years.
- Somerset PA supercharger, behind Wendy's - 6 stalls 3&3 back-to-back
- Queensbury, NY supercharger, Aviation Mall - 8 stalls 4&4 back-to-back
Newest one I was at is Floosmoor, IL - 8 stalls 4&4 back-to-back. This this one is pretty new, just opened in June 2020 I believe.

I think is more about layout of the parking area and what they can agree with the property owner.
I do find it hard a little more difficult at times to figure out which parking spot goes with which pedestal when you go to back in. Many times the Tesla parking signs end up tending to be between the pedestals on the lines of the spots and not centered in the spots.

Awesome news, anytime now!

Metropolitan users will appreciate the Tex Mex millieu, with Taco Bell, Casa del Taco, Mariachis, and Tumbleweed for that upscale out of the trailer fine dining experience. Good news for those brave enough to cross the street is TJ Maxx, where they are better stocked than average due to low demand.

Last edited: