Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA (LIVE Dec 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped here this morning Barista said new owners take over next week.

I want to thank Lacey for having the courage to set this place up. It’s one of our favorite supercharger stops. I hope the new owners are able to keep it going profitably
Agreed 100%. Ellensburg was a mess (better now with the 2nd SC), but this SC was always a winner in my mind with good food and plenty of space to stretch.

Looks like the days of the 'Tesla Lounge' are over. New owners posted 'restrooms for customers only' a few weeks ago, but the Tesla lounge was still open after hours. Tried it tonight and it was all locked up and the lighted Tesla sign was gone. It's unfortunate, it really made this a good stop, I use this SC often and always throw them some business when they're open. Guess I won't feel as bad next quarter when the new cle elum SC opens in town and I stop giving them my business.

Looks like the days of the 'Tesla Lounge' are over. New owners posted 'restrooms for customers only' a few weeks ago, but the Tesla lounge was still open after hours. Tried it tonight and it was all locked up and the lighted Tesla sign was gone. It's unfortunate, it really made this a good stop, I use this SC often and always throw them some business when they're open. Guess I won't feel as bad next quarter when the new cle elum SC opens in town and I stop giving them my business.
That sucks. But I can see how someone who doesn’t understand how the charging/amenities works will cut this out of their model. Hard to believe that Lacey didn’t bring this up, so it’s on them.

Reactions: Jedibryan
That does absolutely suck. I always tried to support this SC and the coffee shop. Look forward to the Safeway option.

This is now the first SC stop I've been to where the cable is frayed open at the plug. Considered changing to a different stall as it was wide open, but went ahead and it worked fine - just a little sketchy looking. Also found a Sawzall blade on the ground nearby, which didn't appear to be related but who knows? Unfortunately I didn't think to grab a picture.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf and IdaX
This is now the first SC stop I've been to where the cable is frayed open at the plug. Considered changing to a different stall as it was wide open, but went ahead and it worked fine - just a little sketchy looking. Also found a Sawzall blade on the ground nearby, which didn't appear to be related but who knows? Unfortunately I didn't think to grab a picture.
Please report to Tesla. Such things don’t happen from normal use. FWIW, there was some serious animosity between the former owner of the coffeehouse and garden center (renter, not land owner), and Tesla. This was as the SC was being built, and predates “LaceyBlackman”, who took over the space AFTER the previous owner was unable to sell the business, and lost/let the lease lapse. Read back in this thread several years ago. I don’t know if the recent event is related to previous ones, but I can personally attest to the seriousness of the animosity, after receiving a 30 minute diatribe from the previous owner, when I stopped to check out the initial SC build.

Reactions: Seattle Tom
Please report to Tesla. Such things don’t happen from normal use. FWIW, there was some serious animosity between the former owner of the coffeehouse and garden center (renter, not land owner), and Tesla. This was as the SC was being built, and predates “LaceyBlackman”, who took over the space AFTER the previous owner was unable to sell the business, and lost/let the lease lapse. Read back in this thread several years ago. I don’t know if the recent event is related to previous ones, but I can personally attest to the seriousness of the animosity, after receiving a 30 minute diatribe from the previous owner, when I stopped to check out the initial SC build.

Cables coming apart at the handle does happen from time to time in normal use, particularly when people don't park close enough and stretch the cable to reach their charge port. I find it highly unlikely that the previous owner of the garden center is coming back to leave sawzall blades laying around - more likely something that fell out of a contractor's truck. If you watch traffic for a while, there are a lot of workers who patronize this location. I think it's unfair to all parties to ascribe to malice the things @DarkMatter reports.