Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA (LIVE Dec 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t tried it yet, but I would assume that the algorithm will direct the car to the farthest SC along the route, while still leaving about 15-20% SOC. Since you are starting in Kirkland, try to generate a route when you only have 50% SOC to start.
Hmmm... not sure this is integrated in the route planning yet properly. Just did contrived route from Grand Mound to Wenatchee, and even though I put stop in Cle Elum the routing preferred to go out of way to Monroe
198AC93F-BA3A-479C-BAC2-915620EBD8DB.jpeg

Even Olympia to Wenatchee, stopping at Cle Elum in 75D shows weirdness:
90147109-3638-4144-9D99-4772C8594ED8.jpeg

Hmmm... not sure this is integrated in the route planning yet properly. Just did contrived route from Grand Mound to Wenatchee, and even though I put stop in Cle Elum the routing preferred to go out of way to Monroe
View attachment 368030

Even Olympia to Wenatchee, stopping at Cle Elum in 75D shows weirdness:
View attachment 368031
It's unclear what "Tesla derived" routing @RobertSeattle is using, but I was unaware anyone tries to use the routing on the Tesla website to actually plan a route. There are several good route planners available. That one isn't on the list.

Reactions: MikeBur
It's unclear what "Tesla derived" routing @RobertSeattle is using, but I was unaware anyone tries to use the routing on the Tesla website to actually plan a route. There are several good route planners available. That one isn't on the list.

Yeah... the Tesla website “trip planner” is so poor that it shouldn’t be used by anyone. Use the in-car navigation, A Better Routeplanner (my favorite), EV Trip Planner or something else.

New to Tesla (MX) and this forum. After visiting the Cle Elum SC station and hanging out at the coffee shop ( great food and coffee BTW) on the way to a from Leavenworth then reading some of these comments I was actually embarrassed to own a Tesla. As a small business owner (and being highly sensitive to the challenges of small business) I highly encourage Tesla owners to spread positive energy and those involved in the processes for building out Super Charger stations to be overly sensitive to businesses and offer support to those that may be impacted by these rapid fire, high pressure build outs. This self richous approach that surrounding business owners should be honored and appreciative to host Tesla owners is not only presumptuous, but sad. We are impacting, small businesses and communities with very little resources. They are opening their doors to us. Please do not forget to be respectful, show support, spend money and at the very least spread positive vibes so these communities don't think we are all complete douche bags because as of now they do and I can see why after reading this thread. Ashamed in Cle Elum.

I agree with Mr. Pink. I drive many times from Auburn, WA to Chelan or Winthrop and the new supercharger in Cle Elum is so perfect. Easy to stop there and fill up the Tesla and my body with some great food at Gunnar's Bistro. Great food and service there. Had the opportunity to meet Christine, the owner of the bistro who went through some major trauma during the construction through no fault of her own. I encourage any Tesla owner who drives East on I-90 from Puget Sound area to anywhere east of Ellensburg to stop for a charge in Cle Elum and visit Gunnar's Bistro for something to eat and drink and thank the owner and servers for a positive experience and being well cared for.

Reactions: bbthechange
I agree with Mr. Pink. I drive many times from Auburn, WA to Chelan or Winthrop and the new supercharger in Cle Elum is so perfect. Easy to stop there and fill up the Tesla and my body with some great food at Gunnar's Bistro. Great food and service there. Had the opportunity to meet Christine, the owner of the bistro who went through some major trauma during the construction through no fault of her own. I encourage any Tesla owner who drives East on I-90 from Puget Sound area to anywhere east of Ellensburg to stop for a charge in Cle Elum and visit Gunnar's Bistro for something to eat and drink and thank the owner and servers for a positive experience and being well cared for.
Trauma?

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H and PLUS EV

What color is your model 3? I see a white one around town quite a bit. And have seen a few one off black and MSM ones. Mine’s MSM

Welcome to the forum and your first post! Wonderful to hear that Christine appears to be embracing the opportunity of additional customers. I’m hoping she gets past whatever trauma occurred, to the point where she doesn’t need to tell customers and enable them to feel good vs guilty for something out of their, and seemingly her, control.

Incidentally, how did you know to stop at Cle Elum? No Tesla mapping, nor car, has this listed yet and if going to Chelan then you likely didn’t need to stop, and to Winthrop or Twisp, Leavenworth is the default. (Something now reported to Tesla].
0A8AC353-57CB-4E79-B78B-B07981D4E119.jpeg
1959E4F4-91D6-4320-85A2-57CFD553F7CB.jpeg

Yeah... the Tesla website “trip planner” is so poor that it shouldn’t be used by anyone. Use the in-car navigation, A Better Routeplanner (my favorite), EV Trip Planner or something else.
I actually use ABRP myself for complex journeys, and in car for simpler - though does anyone get Cle Elum to appear in car? My, likely flawed, logic would be the web route planner would be using same pathing logic and active database as car... too optimistic? ;)

Precisely the the douchebaggery I was referring to. Embarrassing. DBAD.

"Wonderful to hear that Christine appears to be embracing the opportunity of additional customers. I’m hoping she gets past whatever trauma occurred, to the point where she doesn’t need to tell customers and enable them to feel good vs guilty for something out of their, and seemingly her, control"

Welcome to the forum and your first post! Wonderful to hear that Christine appears to be embracing the opportunity of additional customers. I’m hoping she gets past whatever trauma occurred, to the point where she doesn’t need to tell customers and enable them to feel good vs guilty for something out of their, and seemingly her, control.

Incidentally, how did you know to stop at Cle Elum? No Tesla mapping, nor car, has this listed yet and if going to Chelan then you likely didn’t need to stop, and to Winthrop or Twisp, Leavenworth is the default. (Something now reported to Tesla].
View attachment 368623 View attachment 368624[/QUOT

• Funny
Reactions: MikeBur and Rocky_H
Precisely the the douchebaggery I was referring to. Embarrassing. DBAD.

"Wonderful to hear that Christine appears to be embracing the opportunity of additional customers. I’m hoping she gets past whatever trauma occurred, to the point where she doesn’t need to tell customers and enable them to feel good vs guilty for something out of their, and seemingly her, control"

Welcome to the forum Christine ;)

View attachment 368623 View attachment 368624

I saw these posts and found out I could stop in Cle Elum and I do need to. I have an S Model and dual 70's with not quite enough range to make it in Winter. I also found the supercharger in Leavenworth when I went there yesterday. Great option if on route 2 or even if coming up Blewet Pass and needing to go further East. Three gas vehicles found there. Tesla shares the parking lot with Dan's Food Market. Here are some pictures of market sign, Tesla supercharging, icing vehicles and license plates. Dan's Market.jpg
Leavenworth Supercharger.jpg
Icing.jpg
More Icing.jpg
License:Truck.jpg
License:Jeep.jpg
Dan's Market.jpg