Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA (LIVE Dec 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this at Ellensburg Supercharger this weekend. Hopefully Tesla isn't removing the Ellensburg Superchargers to replace with Cle Elum?? My trips to Pullman and Walla Walla I don't believe Cle Elum will work (model S 85D)
Those informational signs pop up in cases like this at superchargers that are operational nearby. I doubt Tesla will remove Ellensburg, it’s a substatial investment to install a SuC.

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0
Saw this at Ellensburg Supercharger this weekend. Hopefully Tesla isn't removing the Ellensburg Superchargers to replace with Cle Elum?? My trips to Pullman and Walla Walla I don't believe Cle Elum will work (model S 85D)
Pretty sure that's just to inform owners that they'll soon have a new supercharger in the area which may open other trip planning options. Similar signage was also recently displayed at the Fountain Valley, CA supercharger (re: Anaheim and Westminster SCs). I think they may put them up at any SC that gets really heavy use when opening new sites that could aleveate some of the congestion.

I looked again at the L&I permit for this address, which I looked at and postulated that it did not look like a Tesla Supercharger permit. The inspections are for 480V 800A service.

If the permit in this thread is what you are referring to, notice the >800A instead of =800A.

The LNI permit is also updated today (sadly with disapproval...)

Looks like the contractors are really trying to get it done though...

3 months maybe, 6 months definitely :)

upload_2018-12-5_13-8-38.png

Did find another One Call utility survey for this install. This is for Premier Builders. Did nit find it before as the company they are doing the work for is "Testla".

https://tx.itic.occinc.com/txrecApp/ticketSearchAndStatusView.jsp?enc=FtYjFq7AZKCPN9+lRF4V3JhXHQwgohb/tMz0hBgtfarIsVwQRLCn0JAGotuP4U+t

Still no L&I permit found

800 amps at 480 volts is certainly enough for a 12-stall (6 cabinets) Supercharging site.

Springfield, VA has a 1,000 kVA transformer for 18 stalls (9 cabinets). At full tilt, that's 111 kW available for each Supercharger cabinet. I'd have to go back and look, but I suspect the site was permitted at 1,200 amps.

800 amps @ 480 volts is 665 kVA, which we would round up to a 750 kVA transformer. At 665 kVA, that's 111 kW per cabinet at full load, which is right on the money.

Edit: Also, I just noticed the >800 amps, although I believe it's pretty close based on the math above.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf and BerTX
800 amps at 480 volts is certainly enough for a 12-stall (6 cabinets) Supercharging site.

Springfield, VA has a 1,000 kVA transformer for 18 stalls (9 cabinets). At full tilt, that's 111 kW available for each Supercharger cabinet. I'd have to go back and look, but I suspect the site was permitted at 1,200 amps.

800 amps @ 480 volts is 665 kVA, which we would round up to a 750 kVA transformer. At 665 kVA, that's 111 kW per cabinet at full load, which is right on the money.

Edit: Also, I just noticed the >800 amps, although I believe it's pretty close base on the math above.
Thanks, I feel better now. Dumber, but better.:oops:

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
The electrical permit is marked as Approved Complete. So opening is imminent?
View attachment 359111
I see numbers on the stanchions, so I would say definitely, yes. Usually that means the Tesla tech has tested the system. If it isn't open now, I'd say Monday at the latest. Maybe.

Edit Now that I look again at the photo above, those suckers look lit up. @ikester , did you try them???

Edit Now that I look again at the photo above, those suckers look lit up. @ikester , did you try them???

I don’t have my Tesla yet, so no I didn’t try them. There were several contractor’s trucks there, and they were actively painting stripes at the time. Did round trip Seattle -> Chelan -> Seattle today, just stopped by to see where the chargers are, and to take pix.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq
I don’t have my Tesla yet, so no I didn’t try them. There were several contractor’s trucks there, and they were actively painting stripes at the time. Did round trip Seattle -> Chelan -> Seattle today, just stopped by to see where the chargers are, and to take pix.
Ah, well that explains why you weren't testing your backing skills between the lines of wet paint! Thanks for reporting. Somebody will get there today. @PLUS EV are you there?

Reactions: Richt