Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Collinsville, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some images from the Facebook St. Louis Tesla Group. One of the members spoke to the construction workers. They said Construction should be finished no later than the second week of June!
189507556_10114647323782540_2893910534671116018_n.jpg
189482331_10114647323368370_2717393540003816372_n.jpg

Last edited:
One of the members spoke to the construction workers. They said Construction should be finished no later than the second week of June!
That was me. I forgot to cross-post the pics/update here. 😁

They also said the parking surface will be pavers, and that they would be in by the end of the week, if I recall correctly.

If nobody's posted anything by Fri 5/28, I should be able to get another update then.

They also said the parking surface will be pavers, and that they would be in by the end of the week, if I recall correctly.

If nobody's posted anything by Fri 5/28, I should be able to get another update then.
Pavers? Really? That seems so strange to me and cant say i've seen that as of yet on any of the other sites....I guess it'll look nice. Little bit fancy for...Collinsville, IL lol

This would mean you can't get locked out then?

How did you get it for $95?

Pavers'. How European. But I wonder if this is part of "cost-saving" measures. Unless Tesla offers a CCS adapter and are going it alone with their SC'er network they are going to have to ramp up construction to keep up with sales.

Pavers'. How European. But I wonder if this is part of "cost-saving" measures. Unless Tesla offers a CCS adapter and are going it alone with their SC'er network they are going to have to ramp up construction to keep up with sales.
Would pavers really be cheaper than just pouring a slab? I dont know those costs offhand but seems like it would be more labor heavy, similar ground prep then hand laying and leveling pavers vs a quick level pour? Oh well i dont care either way so long as it gets done. Oh we definitly need ccs adapters. It surprises me they havent done that yet, it would give teslas a HUGE advantage in charging networks

Would pavers really be cheaper than just pouring a slab? I dont know those costs offhand but seems like it would be more labor heavy, similar ground prep then hand laying and leveling pavers vs a quick level pour? Oh well i dont care either way so long as it gets done. Oh we definitly need ccs adapters. It surprises me they havent done that yet, it would give teslas a HUGE advantage in charging networks
Not having a CCS adapter forces Tesla owners to fast charge at Tesla superchargers and that's how they fund the supercharger network expansion. I like superchargers more than I like any other fast DC charging station so I'm a fan of Tesla not providing a CCS adapter so they can expand quicker at less of a loss financially. As of now Tesla needs to continue expanding superchargers, then later down the road Tesla can worry about adding adapters for where we can use other DC fast chargers.

Not having a CCS adapter forces Tesla owners to fast charge at Tesla superchargers and that's how they fund the supercharger network expansion. I like superchargers more than I like any other fast DC charging station so I'm a fan of Tesla not providing a CCS adapter so they can expand quicker at less of a loss financially. As of now Tesla needs to continue expanding superchargers, then later down the road Tesla can worry about adding adapters for where we can use other DC fast chargers.
If I had a CCS adapter, I'd only use it when getting to a Supercharger wasn't convenient. Hell, they could make the cars limit the charge rate to 100 kW over CCS or whatever through software to help incentivize staying on Superchargers, while still giving Tesla owners the flexibility to use other charging networks when needed.

If I had a CCS adapter, I'd only use it when getting to a Supercharger wasn't convenient. Hell, they could make the cars limit the charge rate to 100 kW over CCS or whatever through software to help incentivize staying on Superchargers, while still giving Tesla owners the flexibility to use other charging networks when needed.
Yea that's a good idea. I'm sure whenever the adapters first start coming out they'll do something like that.

I honestly think this is how most would use them, only in places where there isnt a supercharger nearby. Electify America and others typically are quite expensive charging rates form what Ive seen compared to Teslas rates also so theres no incitive to not use a supercharger, plus the ease of plug and charge, no credit card, no app, etc. It just gives more options for freedom of movement overall....I would support a charging rate limit of 100kw or maybe even 75kw.

I really doubt income from Supercharging is funding roll out of the Supercharger network, its really more of a situation where Supercharger build out generate sales of Tesla's cars in areas which then fund more roll out of Superchargers.

What a CCS adapter enables is more places to invest in not-quite fast chargers with appropriate charge rates for the typical visit, and phase out slow L2 chargers where they're inappropriate but still exist because they're the current universally supported standard. Though in the current environment the main use are all the places where there are CCS chargers, but no Superchargers.
Though it is still amazing how many event venues where people will be for multiple hours still don't even have L2 chargers.

Can anyone make a trip out for some pictures this week? A Facebook user in the St. Louis group said the pavers and the supercharger pedestals were installed and they were backfilling the area with gravel. Looks like it might be done this week and hopefully turned on next week!
As a matter of fact I was there Thurs and last night and got some updated pics. Thurs the pavers were mostly installed, and the pedastals and charging cabinets were delivered. It appears that one of the pre-cast pedastal mounts might be in the wrong spot though.

PXL_20210528_005237127.jpg
PXL_20210528_005151060.jpg

ZomboDroid 28052021074455.jpg
ZomboDroid 28052021074525.jpg

It was dark last night, but the parking surface looks done, but there was no other noticeable progress.
PXL_20210601_024443538.NIGHT.jpg

However, this pre-cast item showed up. I suspect it might be unrelated though.
PXL_20210601_024134602.jpg
PXL_20210601_024114745.jpg