Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord, CA (LIVE 2 Mar 2018, 19 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Free Supercharging is only for long range trips.... right?

Thats how I would use it, except last night my wife came home with only 30 mile range left, and I would have gone out again if I could have gotten a quick partial fill at the concord supercharger. Stayed home instead, wishing that this location was open by now... the imax cinema is already soft-launched, could they not open up a few stalls early, too ?

As of 12/22/17

Attachments

• B1A18EA0-1AB5-44CD-94F4-103FDB52646F.jpeg
    B1A18EA0-1AB5-44CD-94F4-103FDB52646F.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 171
  • F3C9E4BB-5D70-4F40-BAF1-2C299E495373.jpeg
    F3C9E4BB-5D70-4F40-BAF1-2C299E495373.jpeg
    659.5 KB · Views: 153
As of 12/26/17:

Concord1.jpg Concord2.jpg Concord3.jpg Concord4.jpg Concord5.jpg
All 20 charge pedestals in and numbered. All electrical hardware appears to be installed. The problem is that this end of the new mall is still incomplete. Construction vehicles & trailers still there, landscaping behind charge pedestals not complete, plus this area of the parking lot is partially blocked off and marked Do Not Enter (I went to the next adjacent driveway at Willows and walked across the dirt berm behind the chargers). Given the pace of completion of this end of the new mall, it might still be days or weeks before the mess is cleaned up.

If the chargers are numbered and the transformer and all the other equipment is in place, it is most likely that the supercharger has been tested and is operational. However, it's possible that Tesla has turned off the power until the parking lot is open. There was a similar situation at the new supercharger in Wausau, WI where the supercharger was completed before the host hotel was completed (brand new hotel) and I talked to the Tesla tech (ran into him at another supercharger in my travels) and he told me it was all ready to go but he killed the power so no one would be tempted to drive under the yellow tape and enter the parking lot which was still a construction site just so they could charge.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and McManX
Be patient. It’s pretty clear the problem isn’t on Tesla’s end.

Construction on the property is running behind schedule— the theater and some stores are open, but there’s still active construction on parts of the property.

I’ve been there a few times over the holidays, and I’m stoked that we’ll soon have a supercharger in a great location.

Be patient. It’s pretty clear the problem isn’t on Tesla’s end.

Construction on the property is running behind schedule— the theater and some stores are open, but there’s still active construction on parts of the property.

I’ve been there a few times over the holidays, and I’m stoked that we’ll soon have a supercharger in a great location.

That is why I am getting impatient, I am assuming tesla has had them ready for use for a while now, but the shopping center construction is not prioritizing for making them accessible. And if not all of it at least they should soft-launch a subset just like they do for the imax that has been having growing audiences for weeks now, accepting more patrons as they refine their process and train more employees.

Stopped by earlier this afternoon after checking out the 365 market - the area is still very much in use by the construction crew. There's a big portable restroom unit to the left of the generator that's not in frame - presumably there temporarily for the ice rink...

IMG_5943.JPG

Stopped by earlier this afternoon after checking out the 365 market - the area is still very much in use by the construction crew. There's a big portable restroom unit to the left of the generator that's not in frame - presumably there temporarily for the ice rink...

View attachment 269883
To me it looks more like the construction crew is a bunch of gas-heads that hate Tesla and are intentionally blocking it when they clearly don't need to do so. If they cared, they'd have it accessible. However, that's only from the few 2D pictures here; there could be legitimate safety and liability concerns, or it could simply be the case that the contract stipulates certain areas be owned by the construction company until it has been opened, and those areas happen to block the chargers.

To me it looks more like the construction crew is a bunch of gas-heads that hate Tesla and are intentionally blocking it when they clearly don't need to do so. If they cared, they'd have it accessible. However, that's only from the few 2D pictures here; there could be legitimate safety and liability concerns, or it could simply be the case that the contract stipulates certain areas be owned by the construction company until it has been opened, and those areas happen to block the chargers.
That is a remarkable amount of speculation by someone who has never visited the site and only seen photos of it.

Let’s try to restrain the the name-calling and speculation based on no real world experience. Thank you.

You're welcome to move to a place where those aren't our problems.
No, I like it quite fine here. And I wasn't trying to be confrontational, only point out the reality that this supercharger site will eventually be finished, and we tesla owners here all purchased our vehicles without a concord supercharging site and still chose to purchase those vehicles....so let's calm down and be patient. This shouldn't be a "problem" to anyone. It will open :)

That is a remarkable amount of speculation by someone who has never visited the site and only seen photos of it.

Let’s try to restrain the the name-calling and speculation based on no real world experience. Thank you.

Totally agree. As of earlier this week there was still a good amount of construction going on in the area. In particular, the building circled in black here still does not have its exterior facade completed. Looking at the shopping complex as a whole, it makes sense to me (admittedly a layman when it comes to construction) that the area with the superchargers (red circle) is being used as a staging area for construction. Hides the majority of the equipment behind the building instead of being out in the open right smack in the middle where all the parking is so it's not as much of an eyesore for the general public.

IMG_0418.jpg