Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord, CA (LIVE 2 Mar 2018, 19 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also you gotta love the guy who rated the supercharger in Concord 1 star on Google maps because it isn't open yet ;)

Just as bad as whoever added it in the first place!

I've reported the site to Google as "non existent". I've found the co-ordinates align exactly with the Tesla official map on all the ones I've checked so I expect Google imports the details direct from Tesla (similar to how Plugshare does it).

• Helpful
Reactions: bunmango
I would 1-star the construction management if I could, its still sitting there unused for many weeks now because of their prioritizations. Well at least I can get a free slow charge at the one volta charger that I found to be working in front of 365 Whole Foods:

IMG_4524.JPG

IMG_4523.JPG

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I don't really understand all the hand-wringing over this site not being open yet. Is it because the pedestals are up? Looking at the most recent pictures, the landscaping clearly isn't complete and it doesn't look like the wiring is finished yet either. Is there even a transformer on site yet?

Reactions: bmah
I don't really understand all the hand-wringing over this site not being open yet. Is it because the pedestals are up? Looking at the most recent pictures, the landscaping clearly isn't complete and it doesn't look like the wiring is finished yet either. Is there even a transformer on site yet?

There is a transformer on site, visible in the first photo above, although it isn't certain that it is for the superchargers. There is no other concrete pad nearby waiting for a transformer. Everything appears complete except for the landscaping - I don't know why the dirt piles are there but there is no trench from which the dirt could have come.

To me it looks more like the construction crew is a bunch of gas-heads that hate Tesla and are intentionally blocking it when they clearly don't need to do so. If they cared, they'd have it accessible. However, that's only from the few 2D pictures here; there could be legitimate safety and liability concerns, or it could simply be the case that the contract stipulates certain areas be owned by the construction company until it has been opened, and those areas happen to block the chargers.

Perhaps, but more likely just poor coordination by all the many players of the mall construction.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Perhaps, but more likely just poor coordination by all the many players of the mall construction.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor

I agree and that is why I think tesla owners should ask them 'when can we start coming to your mall instead of where we go today' to make sure they understand that there is a business reason to bring them online quickly.

Reactions: ChrisJ
I agree and that is why I think tesla owners should ask them 'when can we start coming to your mall instead of where we go today' to make sure they understand that there is a business reason to bring them online quickly.

If some owners are thinking of contacting the mall management in this way, I hope that their requests would be more respectful and courteous than some of the comments in this thread.

Bruce.

Since the area is the back corner of the property, they are using part of the area as a staging area for construction of the remaining parts of the Veranda shopping center. Good place to hide things while they are finishing construction. I also noticed a lot of trailers and equipment at the parking/freight access by the freeway.

At the very least it will be very close to lot of restaurants and shopping once open. Though I do not think one would watch a movie while charing their Tesla. :)

Tesla Concord SC Location.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Skryll
Since the area is the back corner of the property, they are using part of the area as a staging area for construction of the remaining parts of the Veranda shopping center. Good place to hide things while they are finishing construction. I also noticed a lot of trailers and equipment at the parking/freight access by the freeway.

At the very least it will be very close to lot of restaurants and shopping once open. Though I do not think one would watch a movie while charing their Tesla. :)
Let me fix that for you...

Though I do not think one should watch a movie while charging their Tesla. :)

7CBCD633-10AC-434D-AFC4-25546259F9DB.jpeg
87C4736D-E269-4C2D-9678-9C420936C82B.jpeg 87C4736D-E269-4C2D-9678-9C420936C82B.jpeg 82D4F521-3176-49AE-BCE0-B8D8C908885E.jpeg 035BF1F2-8A66-43D6-86AD-8D90E4898129.jpeg 180875FF-156D-4E57-B947-7E9C58DAAC80.jpeg I spoke with the head of security this morning. He advised me that even though the installation of the SCs is complete, it could be another 4-6 weeks before they are accessible. Until they remove all of the construction vehicles and landscape the berm behind the SCs, they don’t want to allow “a lot of expensive cars” in the area.

Attachments

• BCA59216-E4F9-4664-BA07-1E7803BA1837.jpeg
    BCA59216-E4F9-4664-BA07-1E7803BA1837.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Informative
Reactions: bmah and MP3Mike
View attachment 276287 View attachment 276288 View attachment 276288 View attachment 276289 View attachment 276290 View attachment 276292 I spoke with the head of security this morning. He advised me that even though the installation of the SCs is complete, it could be another 4-6 weeks before they are accessible. Until they remove all of the construction vehicles and landscape the berm behind the SCs, they don’t want to allow “a lot of expensive cars” in the area.

I know its super frustrating, and I complained about this here before and people were like 'why the impatience'. This was ready in November.

Michael