Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cookeville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was leaving work from South Cookeville today, when my pilot asked me about those big white tesla chargers they were building at the mall in Cookeville. Decided to stop by and take a look, and found that Tesla has been busy. I found an eight stall supercharger, in the south east corner of the Jackson Plaza mall. The Chargers are in place, and do not have any bags or coverings over them yet. But it appears the actual "meter" has yet to be installed. It appears to have four of the white towers that are split between the eight stalls. Four of the stalls are reserved for Tesla only, and the other four have listed as Tesla charging, or 30 minute parking. The most accurate address for the actual stalls appears to be 377 W. Jackson St., Cookeville, TN. The supercharger is 1.3 miles north of interstate 40. The area is quite ripe with shopping and eating destinations. There are multiple pizza places, a sonic drive-in, Taco Bell, Old Navy, TJ Maxx, Petco, McDonald's, Jimmy John's, a Food Lion grocery store, a couple of banks and Dunhams Sports. I will try to visit again next week to see when they are operational.

Attachments

• IMG_2103.JPG
    IMG_2103.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    465 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2105.JPG
    IMG_2105.JPG
    549.3 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_2106.JPG
    IMG_2106.JPG
    823.9 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_2107.JPG
    IMG_2107.JPG
    489.9 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2108.JPG
    IMG_2108.JPG
    877.1 KB · Views: 314
Was leaving work from South Cookeville today, when my pilot asked me about those big white tesla chargers they were building at the mall in Cookeville. Decided to stop by and take a look, and found that Tesla has been busy. I found an eight stall supercharger, in the south east corner of the Jackson Plaza mall. The Chargers are in place, and do not have any bags or coverings over them yet. But it appears the actual "meter" has yet to be installed. It appears to have four of the white towers that are split between the eight stalls. Four of the stalls are reserved for Tesla only, and the other four have listed as Tesla charging, or 30 minute parking. The most accurate address for the actual stalls appears to be 377 W. Jackson St., Cookeville, TN. The supercharger is 1.3 miles north of interstate 40. The area is quite ripe with shopping and eating destinations. There are multiple pizza places, a sonic drive-in, Taco Bell, Old Navy, TJ Maxx, Petco, McDonald's, Jimmy John's, a Food Lion grocery store, a couple of banks and Dunhams Sports. I will try to visit again next week to see when they are operational.

Great informative post, and omg that blue looks so nice with a little rain on it!

Great informative post, and omg that blue looks so nice with a little rain on it!

I agree the blue is awesome. I've been wondering about signature red for my Model 3, but have had my eye on the blue as well. If the Model 3 has this shade of blue I think my mind is made up!

Great to see Cookvegas getting on the SC map. I-40 is looking great in TN for Model 3 reservationists now. I-24 could do with some love at Manchester and Clarksville.

So thrilled to see this charger is mostly complete. I had decided that the next time I was through that route I was going to stop in Cookeville and hunt for any signs of construction. Now I don't need to hunt for it. This charger will let me skip stopping in Nashville when driving from TN to WV.

Also went by on Friday night. We go to Cookeville every weekend so I will try to go by again soon. Looks like about 2 weeks if the utility gets transformer in promptly. It usually acts quickly around here so I am optimistic.

Cookeville, TN

Interstates: I-40
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-70N

I-40:
To: Knoxville, TN - 92 miles
Diversion: 1.5 miles
To: Asheville, NC - 216 miles

Lexington, KY (u,TN-111,US-127,KY-696,KY-1009,KY-90,KY-1247N,KY-914,KY-80,KY-461,I-75): 169 miles
London, KY (u,TN-111,US-127,KY-696,KY-1009,KY-90,KY-1247N,KY-914,KY-80): 126 miles
Knoxville, TN (u,I-40,TN-131) : 92.0 miles
Chattanooga, TN (I-40,TN-111,US-27,TN-153): 100 miles
Steele, AL (I-40,TN-111,US-27,I-24,I-59): 198 miles
Jackson, TN (I-40,US-45BYP): 207 miles
Nashville, TN (I-40,I-440,I-65,TN-441): 89.8 miles
Kuttawa, KY (I-40,I-24,KY-453,I-24): 197 miles
Bowling Green, KY (I-40,US-70,US-231): 110 miles
Louisville, KY (u,TN-290,TN-56,TN-135,u,KY-87,KY-100,KY-249,u,I-65,I-264,US-31): 178 miles

Went by on Sat. Still no transformer. Also no enclosure. It actually looks like the holdup now is the utility which is usually very prompt around here. Will report next weekend.

EDIT Also in an emergency I am close to i40 exit 254 if someone needs a CHADEMO adapter or a slow charge till this SC opens

Last edited:
Reactions: CSFTN
Doesn't appear to me like there is going to be an enclosure. New sod and plantings don't leave room for one.

Looks to me like I40 is in a race its likely to loose with I80 (and maybe beat I10) of major cross country routes, covered with Superchargers < 200 miles apart. ho will be last, I10 or I40?

Doesn't appear to me like there is going to be an enclosure. New sod and plantings don't leave room for one.

Looks to me like I40 is in a race its likely to loose with I80 (and maybe beat I10) of major cross country routes, covered with Superchargers < 200 miles apart. ho will be last, I10 or I40?
Thanks for the updates and photos! Agree, no enclosure for this one. Don't recall ever seeing an enclosure when space is this tight and they go to a linear arrangement for the chargers and distribution center. Also agree that the slabs and landscaping tell the tale.

No decent guess here on the I-40 vs. I-10 race. I'm rooting for I-10 for entirely selfish reasons, but feeling like a late 20th century Cubs fan.

Reactions: CSFTN
Thanks for the updates and photos! Agree, no enclosure for this one. Don't recall ever seeing an enclosure when space is this tight and they go to a linear arrangement for the chargers and distribution center. Also agree that the slabs and landscaping tell the tale.

No decent guess here on the I-40 vs. I-10 race. I'm rooting for I-10 for entirely selfish reasons, but feeling like a late 20th century Cubs fan.

I-40 easily: Fort Stockton, TX seems like it will take a while.

Same thought here. Does anyone have a feel for this? That's only a week from now.
I'm no expert, but you will need a live utilty transformer first, and then an activation visit from a Tesla tech. I've seen the gap between those two events run anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Pre-eclipse travel issues might delay the tech even if the transformer is installed in time. One clue: generally, once the site has been tested and activated, the tech puts the number decals on the base of each charging bollard. It can take a day or so before the site shows up on Nav or the Tesla website.

I will stop in at this location Friday just to see. I had been hopeful, when shortly after my last TN to DC trip this article showed up and the charger looked so close to done, that the charger would be active by my next trip. It doesn't look like it will be, but it should still be completed long before winter, so I'm still happy.