Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bristol, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, now my big question. Do I risk taking this route tomorrow? It saves a lot of time, but since it is not officially up, I assume they could have it back down. I am heading out of Huntsville tomorrow morning towards DC and would love to take this route.

Ok, now my big question. Do I risk taking this route tomorrow? It saves a lot of time, but since it is not officially up, I assume they could have it back down. I am heading out of Huntsville tomorrow morning towards DC and would love to take this route.
What's your tolerance for risk? There are several L2 chargers 19 miles away in Kingsport if for some reason these superchargers were offline. Can you get to the Bristol charger with 30 miles to spare? Personally, I'd be quite surprised if they took them offline once they've begun allowing charges.

What's your tolerance for risk? There are several L2 chargers 19 miles away in Kingsport if for some reason these superchargers were offline. Can you get to the Bristol charger with 30 miles to spare? Personally, I'd be quite surprised if they took them offline once they've begun allowing charges.

We are coming from the Knoxville Super Charger, so that is 124 miles and I have an S85 so I can make sure there is plenty of miles to spare. I guess worst care we overnight near there. I think we will risk it.

IMG_0628.JPG
Wooohoo! Makes our trip much better. We are 3000 miles in and this saved us a lot of time. Great stop, lots of close food and a bass pro shop a lengthy walk to entertain the kids. Was charging at 322mph!

Charged here yesterday. Same status, 6 working, 2 covered.

If you look at the map on supercharge.info, the pin location on is accurate, but there is actually a road between the Chick-fil-A and Boot Barn which provides ingress off of Pinnacle Parkway (the road is visible on satellite view but not map view).

I'm so happy to see confirmation that this charger is up and running. I picked up "Sylvia" in Vegas back in mid-Jan. I make a trip from near Jackson, TN to DC and back at least once a month. This charger will cut at least 30 minutes off the drive. Once the Cookeville charger is up and running it will cut another 30 mins off as I will be able to make it all the way to that charger from the house, no 20 mile detour to get to the Brentwood charger.

I'm so happy to see confirmation that this charger is up and running. I picked up "Sylvia" in Vegas back in mid-Jan. I make a trip from near Jackson, TN to DC and back at least once a month. This charger will cut at least 30 minutes off the drive. Once the Cookeville charger is up and running it will cut another 30 mins off as I will be able to make it all the way to that charger from the house, no 20 mile detour to get to the Brentwood charger.

I just did Jackson to DC last week, but don't quite understand how the Bristol charger cuts 30 minutes off that drive.

I just did Jackson to DC last week, but don't quite understand how the Bristol charger cuts 30 minutes off that drive.
The 30 mins of time saved will be due to not needing to sit in Knoxville for 1 hr 10 mins in order to charge to 240-250 miles to make it the 200 miles to Wytheville, VA charger. Instead I can sit in Knoxville for about 20-30 mins then to Bristol for 15 mins.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
The 30 mins of time saved will be due to not needing to sit in Knoxville for 1 hr 10 mins in order to charge to 240-250 miles to make it the 200 miles to Wytheville, VA charger. Instead I can sit in Knoxville for about 20-30 mins then to Bristol for 15 mins.

And can be an even bigger savings if the Knoxville supercharger is down or charging at reduced rates as it has in the past.

This location is a life saver and changes everything for people going between Asheville and Wytheville. Awesome. Great location as well.

I honestly don't know how I made it last year. Even with this charger, my percentage upon arrival was lower than I try to maintain (although well within the safe range). Last year I arrived with 5% or less . . .

Thanks to all for the updates. Without you, I would not have known that this location even existed.

On another note, I still find it useful to draft Semis in autopilot. I have learned that adding car lengths between 1 to 3 doesn't seem to have too much of a negative impact. 2 seems to be the sweet spot.

Attachments

• TeslaBristolTN.jpg
    TeslaBristolTN.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
On another note, I still find it useful to draft Semis in autopilot. I have learned that adding car lengths between 1 to 3 doesn't seem to have too much of a negative impact. 2 seems to be the sweet spot.

Yes but...
There is an increased risk of stone chips and tire debris from the semi as well as not seeing objects in the road that the semi obscures from your view. I do draft from time to time but have had some negative experiences in 95k miles in the Model S.