Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cornwall, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here can update us with new pics from Cornwall SC? My last update was last friday...

Thanks in advance!

----

Update as of today, monday:

Well, called the hotel directly and they told me that it will be operational within the end of the week... asked me to call back before to be sure it's really the case

That's it for now! It's coming! :)

Last edited:
*update as of august 26th*

asked to a guy the question «thursday huh?» he hesitated before answering: «guys from Tesla are coming over on thursday» with a smile...

(sorry for the pics as they aren't the best... but gives you the idea where we are at now in Cornwall...)

SC-Cornwall-august26-1.JPG
SC-Cornwall-august26-2.JPG
SC-Cornwall-august26-3.JPG

Ummmmm ... maybe look at the photos 3 posts above yours and count?

Ummmmmmm.....

1. pictures in that dark post dont necessarily show the total count. Who knows if there are others outside the shot etc...

2. let me see....your sarcastic answer.... took you 65 characters to type..... a simple answer, '6' would have taken 1 character. Glad you had time to be facetious. :)

Ummmmmmm.....

1. pictures in that dark post dont necessarily show the total count. Who knows if there are others outside the shot etc...

2. let me see....your sarcastic answer.... took you 65 characters to type..... a simple answer, '6' would have taken 1 character. Glad you had time to be facetious. :)

1. Yah, the third picture actually does, and it's clear from the spacing that all are shown. Hell, I could see that on my 7" tablet!

2. But then, you had time to count to 65, so 6 should have been a breeze! After all, you did eventually figure it out.

3. I genuinely believe that asking a question before making an honest attempt to figure out an answer does oneself a disservice. I've made a career in field service engineering going to places where I have to solve problems and there's nobody to ask for help - remote areas with little or no internet, or (horrors!!) the pre-internet age! Training oneself to rely on one's own wits and resources is the best thing a person can do for themselves. Then you only need to ask for help when all avenues have truly been exhausted.

And that concludes today's philosophy lecture.

1. Yah, the third picture actually does, and it's clear from the spacing that all are shown. Hell, I could see that on my 7" tablet!

2. But then, you had time to count to 65, so 6 should have been a breeze! After all, you did eventually figure it out.

3. I genuinely believe that asking a question before making an honest attempt to figure out an answer does oneself a disservice. I've made a career in field service engineering going to places where I have to solve problems and there's nobody to ask for help - remote areas with little or no internet, or (horrors!!) the pre-internet age! Training oneself to rely on one's own wits and resources is the best thing a person can do for themselves. Then you only need to ask for help when all avenues have truly been exhausted.

And that concludes today's philosophy lecture.

Thank you arrogant professor. I stand lectured and corrected

Looks like this location could be operational. Sign-in page is up! - www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/cornwall

Link doesn't work and NO it's not operational yet, please don't start false rumors... I was there around 6:45PM tonight (actually, it's me that posted the last pics...) and there are still some works to do... guess the final touch (cleaning, finishing the wood box to hide the transformer and other stuffs) will be done tomorrow.

Thursday seems the consensus from 1) the call I made yesterday at the Ramada Inn and 2) the guy that hinted me that it would be thursday by saying that Tesla guys will be there...

We'll see but I'll definitely be there on thursday to be the first one to a «Cornwall SuperCharging»!

Even if it's not on thursday, I'll be there first thing on friday morning! ;)

:)

Last edited:
Thursday seems the consensus from 1) the call I made yesterday at the Ramada Inn and 2) the guy that hinted me that it would be thursday by saying that Tesla guys will be there...

"The Tesla guys will be there" presumably means that they will be there to commission it. Likely the commissioning will be successful, but there are no guarantees. If they find a problem, then there may be some delay.

It's close, but I wouldn't jump the gun. Once it's listed by Tesla and on the nav display in the car, then you can be guaranteed that it's working.

Link doesn't work and NO it's not operational yet, please don't start false rumors... I was there around 6:45PM tonight (actually, it's me that posted the last pics...) and there are still some works to do... guess the final touch (cleaning, finishing the wood box to hide the transformer and other stuffs) will be done tomorrow.

We'll see but I'll definitely be there on thursday to be the first one to a «Cornwall SuperCharging»!

Even if it's not on thursday, I'll be there first thing on friday morning! ;)

:)

Yes I realize that the link does not work yet. Typically the page forwards to the "Sign-In" page just prior to officially going live. However in most instances while the page is being manipulated the actual location is operational.

Edison, which just opened this week had the same set of events happen - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...rger-Edison-NJ?p=737982&viewfull=1#post737982

When going to the location to test if its operational prior going to live, one shouldn't rely on the location to provide a charge in case it doesn't work, but its typically a good chance of it working. Its definitely not a hard and fast certainty, but its a good rule to follow.

Cornwall SC going live tomorrow (August 28th, 2014)

Update: Dropped by on my way back from Montreal. Confirmed with the installers that Telsa is arriving tomorrow to certify. Posting this from the pub at the Best Western Cornwall as I charge at a seemingly glacial 14 kW. Picture taken today at around 4:30 pm.

Photo 2014-08-27, 4 25 18 PM.jpg