Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cornwall, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just so you know, I'm not a nerd but I have followed this thread with great enthusiasm for a long time. Thanks depeche mode for all the updates and pics. Enjoy the Silence. Ok, maybe I'm nerdy enough to go there soon and try it. Ok maybe I'll go tomorrow morning.

Ahahah! I knew that some reference like this would come up!

Great one!

«Enjoy» now the Cornwall SC! :p

Was a pleasure to update all of you as we are making history here. Have to say that, with my first SC experience, nothing can stop Tesla now and I certainly enjoy even more my Tesla...

I saw your post in the other thread... Either you car is sick or you misinterpreted the data. (Or you were sharing a paired Superchagrer) :)

I pulled in with 247km of range and I initially was pulling 72kW. When I later checked the phone app it said 333km/h. The km/h readout is the average over the session while the kW readout is instantaneous. You can change to kW in the settings screen. (Or you can just multiply Volts x Amps / 1000).

614 km/hr? I peaked at 198 in T-O yesterday when I charged from about 44% (189 km) to 93% (400 km) in 60 minutes. Where you are in that range makes a big difference.

Thanks for the frequent visits!! (and Steph too).

I'm going to head down there tomorrow morning from Kanata to check it out. Probably aim to be there around 10am. Anyone else want to meet up to say hi?

You're welcome. I'll go down tonight, and yet again tomorrow to meet up. Why not ? Let's make it a 10am meet up, then ?

cornwall.jpg

Yes, mnx, but at no time that I looked (frequently) did the car register more than about 100 amps at about 400 volts. Perhaps the stalls are mislabelled, but if not, I wasn't sharing an A-B match. I'll be trying this again, of course. (No phone app; the Android version doesn't work on my phone.)

Yes, mnx, but at no time that I looked (frequently) did the car register more than about 100 amps at about 400 volts. Perhaps the stalls are mislabelled, but if not, I wasn't sharing an A-B match. I'll be trying this again, of course. (No phone app; the Android version doesn't work on my phone.)

Hi. As I described in the "Canadian Superchargers" thread, it shouldn't be as low as 100A until you're about 80% charged. For a sample charging session: On the road - victoriasports
(sped up, of course, you don't have to wait around for an hour!)

Thanks for the frequent visits!! (and Steph too).

I'm going to head down there tomorrow morning from Kanata to check it out. Probably aim to be there around 10am. Anyone else want to meet up to say hi?

I am leaving Montreal with a full battery at 9. Should be at Cornwall SC at 10am to top it back up to full (hopefully I will find a free stall lol) for my continuing trip to Toronto. See you tomorrow :)

I am leaving Montreal with a full battery at 9. Should be at Cornwall SC at 10am to top it back up to full (hopefully I will find a free stall lol) for my continuing trip to Toronto. See you tomorrow :)

Would like to be there to shake hands but can't tomorrow...

Can you do me a favor though? I'm planning to do the Montreal (or Hawkesbury) - Toronto trip and I would like to know how long it takes to top up FROM the rated range you'll be at Cornwall (after your Montreal - Cornwall trip) AND when you'll be maxed out (let's say 420 km because the 421 and 422 km are VERY long!). Tell me also what is left as rated range at Toronto (I know you mentioned that you'll pit stop at Kingston BW so take it also in consideration).

Thanks in advance,

Have a safe trip!

FYI: checked on MeteoMedia and you could have headwinds tomorrow but at least sunny... a 10% reserve would be safe...

Last edited:
In Cornwall in an hour? But you're driving a Tesla! Maybe shave some time off that trip. I've done it in 40 minutes from NDG.

Ahaha! don't push your luck too far! ahahah! ;) OPP is everywhere, especially this weekend...

40 minutes for a 110 km trip :S 165 km/h...

Take it easy boy! :p

I must admit that I had some fun speeding VS an R8 but it was on a short part of highway 40... ;)

Would like to be there to shake hands but can't tomorrow...

Can you do me a favor though? I'm planning to do the Montreal (or Hawkesbury) - Toronto trip and I would like to know how long it takes to top up FROM the rated range you'll be at Cornwall (after your Montreal - Cornwall trip) AND when you'll be maxed out (let's say 420 km because the 421 and 422 km are VERY long!). Tell me also what is left as rated range at Toronto (I know you mentioned that you'll pit stop at Kingston BW so take it also in consideration).

Thanks in advance,

Have a safe trip!

FYI: checked on MeteoMedia and you could have headwinds tomorrow but at least sunny... a 10% reserve would be safe...

No problem. I will keep a log of all my charging and distances etc :)

- - - Updated - - -

In Cornwall in an hour? But you're driving a Tesla! Maybe shave some time off that trip. I've done it in 40 minutes from NDG.

True, originally I thought an hour because there was no supercharger and i was planning on driving the speed limit but now with the Cornwall SC I can certainly lose a few more km of range between Montreal and Cornwall as I will be able to put them back in quickly :)

No problem. I will keep a log of all my charging and distances etc :)

- - - Updated - - -

True, originally I thought an hour because there was no supercharger and i was planning on driving the speed limit but now with the Cornwall SC I can certainly lose a few more km of range between Montreal and Cornwall as I will be able to put them back in quickly :)

Think you can easily drive at 105-110 km/h without any problem if you do a 45min-1h pitstop at Kingston BW... but certainly not if you drive at 165 km/h like lance! ahah!

Think you can easily drive at 105-110 km/h without any problem if you do a 45min-1h pitstop at Kingston BW... but certainly not if you drive at 165 km/h like lance! ahah!

lol. What usually happens when I am going somewhere is I start off slow and start speeding up during the trip. I did however, tomorrow, want to see how low I could get my kWh/km on a long stretch. Kind of like a challenge.

lol. What usually happens when I am going somewhere is I start off slow and start speeding up during the trip. I did however, tomorrow, want to see how low I could get my kWh/km on a long stretch. Kind of like a challenge.

With winds tomorrow, speed at 109 km/h I think you'll do around between 190-205 kw/w... really depends on the winds though... the rated range is pretty accurate if your average consumption is around 185 Wh/km...)

Last week, driving from North Bay to Ottawa, I averaged 161 Wh/km. This was on cruise at the speed limit (mostly 90), with AC off. Coming home, averaging 95 with AC on, it was 169 Wh/km. So you should be able to do better than 190 Wh/km.

BTW, "Rated Range" is 188 Wh/km and "Ideal Range" is 164 Wh/km.

Last week, driving from North Bay to Ottawa, I averaged 161 Wh/km. This was on cruise at the speed limit (mostly 90), with AC off. Coming home, averaging 95 with AC on, it was 169 Wh/km. So you should be able to do better than 190 Wh/km.

BTW, "Rated Range" is 188 Wh/km and "Ideal Range" is 164 Wh/km.

Thanks for your input but znino's trip will be almost 95% highway... don't even think about driving at 90 km/h on the 401... from 90 km/h and 109 km/h there's a big energy consumption gap plus with south-west winds for tomorrow, he should average 190-205 Wh/km (he probably have to put A/C on also as it'll be sunny and 25-26 celsius outside...

Thanks also for the Rated Range precision, my number was 185 but think you're more accurate with 188

Thanks for your input but znino's trip will be almost 95% highway... don't even think about driving at 90 km/h on the 401... from 90 km/h and 109 km/h there's a big energy consumption gap plus with south-west winds for tomorrow, he should average 190-205 Wh/km (he probably have to put A/C on also as it'll be sunny and 25-26 celsius outside...

Thanks also for the Rated Range precision, my number was 185 but think you're more accurate with 188

Maybe I had a tailwind, but I drove from Ottawa to Toronto, at mostly 100 km/h (but sometimes faster) on the 401, and got 168 Wh/km. I have not found climate control loads to be a significant factor (based on driving through temperatures in the high 30s and low 40s through Utah, Arizona and California) but on this particular trip the climate control had nearly nothing to do as the outside temperature was 22 or so.

Notice in the photo that the past 50 km graph shows an average of 159 Wh/km. That's on the 401 and local roads in to the Toronto service centre.

If you're doing 110-115 km/h then I can see getting about 200 Wh/km.

2014-07-16-12-33-52-2H6A3236 - Version 2.jpg