Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Creston, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No signs of contractor trailers, all that’s happened is the Asphalt is all marked up. Hopefully equipment will be on site soon!

1537DACD-701E-4031-9903-606C6A175E53.jpeg

So the story I was told today is that when construction was supposed to begin in mid October, the property owner at this site did not like the placement decided upon for the parking stalls so put an end to the current plan.

Although I can agree that the placement that looks to be marked out in the parking lot isn’t a great spot for the business, it’s a bit frustrating that this came up last minute and has completely stalled the project. No idea when it will get going again. You’d think the placement would have been decided a long time ago…? I know this project has been in the works for years already 🙁

So the story I was told today is that when construction was supposed to begin in mid October, the property owner at this site did not like the placement decided upon for the parking stalls so put an end to the current plan.

Although I can agree that the placement that looks to be marked out in the parking lot isn’t a great spot for the business, it’s a bit frustrating that this came up last minute and has completely stalled the project. No idea when it will get going again. You’d think the placement would have been decided a long time ago…? I know this project has been in the works for years already 🙁
Well that's lame, was looking forward to this charger. That parking lot is empty every time I go by there, so I don't know what the owner thinks the charging stalls was going to do! (Except maybe bring them some business with a captive audience!)

I’m assuming that having the stalls right in front of Ricky’s would cause conflict with the regular patrons to that restaurant who like to park close to the entrance but don’t drive EVs. Behind the hotel or along the highway going west would be a better spot for the local businesses, imo. But still, how was that not sorted out long ago..?

Checked on Saturday and nothing was happening. Tonight, there seems to be action. Don’t want to jump the gun again and get too excited…but this time it looks like they actually broke asphalt. There’s a Spark Power work truck parked at the hotel as well so there must be workers on site.

Attachments

• 6FD5A164-67E4-483D-9E92-665EFB7CDC44.jpeg
    6FD5A164-67E4-483D-9E92-665EFB7CDC44.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 116
  • 5B03D193-3937-4069-9CD9-08B474D91463.jpeg
    5B03D193-3937-4069-9CD9-08B474D91463.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 133
Checked on Saturday and nothing was happening. Tonight, there seems to be action. Don’t want to jump the gun again and get too excited…but this time it looks like they actually broke asphalt. There’s a Spark Power work truck parked at the hotel as well so there must be workers on site.
New Activity at Castlegar also reported today. Things are changing to the positive! (Road Trip).

Stopped in an chatted with some of the gentlemen working the site today. Sounds like it should look very different by Monday so I’ll stop in for some photos early next week.

I thought it was funny too, but the workers must read these threads as well as they knew all about this page and the photos being posted. I always wondered if these guys know that we’re following their every move all over the province haha.

Also, they wouldn’t confirm, but I get the sense they might be moving to Nakusp next. Oh and they confirmed that the weather in November made Fernie QUITE the hassle to install haha. It was a quick chat but informative and I enjoyed it!

I realized after I posted last night that one of the workers mentioned a Revelstoke supercharger and this morning I’m seeing on the updated Tesla supercharger page that Revelstoke is getting a second one soon. So I’m thinking they may be headed to Revelstoke before Nakusp. I apologize if these updates shouldn’t be on this specific page.

• Informative
Reactions: NSTM3
Today’s picture update. Looks like they had a productive weekend! All the chargers are installed and they are digging the trench to the transformers. Will still need to replace the parking spaces.

Rumour has it that Fortis is bringing in a transformer next week…but I’ll believe it when I see it. If it’s true though, maybe they’ll do all the other Kootenay stations that have been sitting idle for so long.

Attachments

• A8527E20-1FF3-4170-B0FD-361D181808F9.jpeg
    A8527E20-1FF3-4170-B0FD-361D181808F9.jpeg
    937.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 487B47EE-76C7-4226-9D98-38DEE2F2115C.jpeg
    487B47EE-76C7-4226-9D98-38DEE2F2115C.jpeg
    856.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 858D73CC-66BC-418A-822F-31A8A1296BEA.jpeg
    858D73CC-66BC-418A-822F-31A8A1296BEA.jpeg
    688.6 KB · Views: 76