Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Culver City, CA (16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged here around 3PM today and while there were 2 ICEs parked there when I arrived, no one else came to park while I was sitting in my car. There were 2 other MS charging, so that may have helped keep them at bay.
Rancho Cucamonga, which came online just recently, is located in Victoria Gardens, another large and very busy mall. It is a 25 min drive from my home in non rush hour traffic, but I checked on it frequently when it first went live. My experience confirms that having two or more Teslas actively charging reinforces the signage and really discourages ICEing. Cars pull in, realize their mistake, and pull out. A row of fully vacant stalls, however, is too much temptation.

I encourage Tesla folks who are used to charging at Hawthorne to make a point of using this site when possible to build Tesla traffic.

At night the bright red Tesla logos on the stalls make a nice statement at Victoria Gardens. They can be seen easily from 50 to 100 yards.

Ok, this SC location is Open now.

It would be nice if the thread owner, or a moderator, could update the title of threads
like this, with a suffix (or prefix) of Operational, Construction, Permitted, or Conjecture,
or something similar.

Or, perhaps better, move each Supercharger thread to an appropriate subforum
as the SC status changes. Thanks for all this info.

I work right nearby the new Fox Hills supercharger — so I want to pay back some of this karma with some tips on getting to/from it:

Traveling south: You want to exit at Slauson onto Rt 90. It is much faster this way, and if desired, you get to take the exit ramp at high speed and scare your passengers. Note that CHP is right nearby so take it slow as you merge onto the 90. Then just go around the Symantec building: Turn right at Slauson, then right on Bristol Parkway, then right again onto Hannum. Left into Fox Hills, and right into the JCP parking lot.

To keep going south once you’re done, you need to take surface streets: Left onto Hannum, left onto Slauson, left onto Jefferson.

Traveling north: You want to exit at Jefferson. Careful, the ramp drops you right into an existing lane. Stay right, and turn right at the gas station onto Green Valley Circle. Make a left onto Fox Hills Drive (note it is after the parking lot entrance), and then a left after the parking garage into the JCP lot.

To keep going north, you have it easy. Left onto Hannum, and stay in right lane. Go under Rt 90, then turn right onto Slauson and the on-ramp to the 90 is right there. Stay right and merge onto the 405 north.

The Fox Hills mall is decent, plenty of food options. Vietnamese place in the food court is my recommendation.

Get your desired info here.

Superchargers

Ok, this SC location is Open now.

It would be nice if the thread owner, or a moderator, could update the title of threads
like this, with a suffix (or prefix) of Operational, Construction, Permitted, or Conjecture,
or something similar.

Or, perhaps better, move each Supercharger thread to an appropriate subforum
as the SC status changes. Thanks for all this info.

Charged up last Saturday early afternoon (JAN 3) for drive back to SF bay area- one ICE offender on the end charger spot despite general parking available in the area.

IMG_4476.JPG
IMG_4477.JPG

Last edited:
This was last week Right before I left for Mexico for NYE, but I saw my first P85D in the wild at this SC. Here are the food choices in the food court btw. It's just a walk through the JCPenny and up one level.
IMG_20141228_115546.jpg
IMG_20141228_115606.jpg
IMG_20141228_115610.jpg
IMG_20141228_120553.jpg
The MS with Red Decal is mine btw.

Thanks! I did it with Plastidip. Super easy and took about 30 minutes. As for the Mexico trip, I flew. I just left my MS at a friend's house who lives not too far away from LAX in Venice. LOL. I wouldn't dream of taking this baby down there.

I Plastidipped the logos on my White 85S red right before the Tesla Run back in September 2013. Nowadays there are enough Teslas around that it has at times made it easier to identify mine in a parking lot!

-Josh

I Plastidipped the logos on my White 85S red right before the Tesla Run back in September 2013. Nowadays there are enough Teslas around that it has at times made it easier to identify mine in a parking lot!

-Josh

Definitely a good point Josh!

I was just at the SuperCharger last night and look what they're doing for us! Hopefully this will keep us from getting ICE'd.
parking lot 2.jpg
parking lot.jpg