Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Culver City, CA (16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 1 month paint is holding up for the most part
IMG_0297.jpg

This was the worst stall

IMG_0296.jpg

This was my 3rd time stopping by & have noticed trash being left behind, no trash can nearby & whats the deal with Starbucks not having a stand alone store in a huge mall, is it really in Target on the opposite end of the property?

I'd recommend you do your self a favor and on the way to the CC Supercharger pick up a fantastic coffee at Conservatory for Coffee, Tea and Cocoa Home page the most highly rated coffee shop in the area, they roast their own and maintain a loyal and growing following:
  1. 4.7/5 Google reviews
It's just the other side of Sony Studios, 10-min from the supercharger.

Interesting, I'll try them out some time when I'm near the old town part.

With two days to go... Just figured to remind folks of the danger of ICEing... Even as well marked this location is...
Right. This was a disaster last year. I expect nothing less year. Around last Christmas, there was so much gridlock, I could not even get close to entering the parking lot. Stay away from this location if at all possible. Hopefully, someone will put up some cones or something.

Right. This was a disaster last year. I expect nothing less year. Around last Christmas, there was so much gridlock, I could not even get close to entering the parking lot. Stay away from this location if at all possible. Hopefully, someone will put up some cones or something.
Just got home coming back from Santa Barbara, and I stopped at the Culver City SC. It was madness, multiple SC spots ICED, 2-3 Teslas (Teslii?) hovering over the lot like vultures, and traffic in the lot was gridlocked as well. Gave up and went to the Redondo Beach SC instead and it was completely empty. It's probably wise to avoid this location for a while.

Just got home coming back from Santa Barbara, and I stopped at the Culver City SC. It was madness, multiple SC spots ICED, 2-3 Teslas (Teslii?) hovering over the lot like vultures, and traffic in the lot was gridlocked as well. Gave up and went to the Redondo Beach SC instead and it was completely empty. It's probably wise to avoid this location for a while.

Hawthorne usually is the least busy of these three sites... And it's the reason why I gave the warning a few days ago.

I have only once needed to use the SC since it opened, as I live not too far. I was running pretty low today, and was only a couple of blocks away, so I thought I would give it a shot, even though I knew it would likely suck. At 2:30pm, I couldn't even get close to even entering the lot. Total gridlock. Like AEDennis said, STAY AWAY at any time the mall is open. It will be empty again in a few weeks. Redondo is close enough, though I imagine it will get more crowded giving the Culver City is fairly inaccessible for now.

How's this charger been doing mid day Saturdays? Like, noon-ish.

I have a few hours to charge while my g/f is in studio city next weekend and I can't stomach the idea of going to Burbank. :eek: I'd rather deal with the the extra drive time...

How's this charger been doing mid day Saturdays? Like, noon-ish.

I have a few hours to charge while my g/f is in studio city next weekend and I can't stomach the idea of going to Burbank. :eek: I'd rather deal with the the extra drive time...

Last time I was here, and last time I was at Burbank there was a world of difference. I'd def choose Culver City

Here at 7am. 7 Teslas parked here overnight. Wow. This would never fly in San Diego. Good thing I was sitting in my car instead of going to get coffee.

Car pulled up. Single middle aged man got out and started looking in the windows of all the empty Teslas left here alone. When I opened my door he got scared and got back in his car and left.

Don't think I would leave my car here unattended at night.

How do you know they were parked over night?
My guess is that it is 7am and there is nothing open anywhere around there at that time. If someone was commuting long distance, they would likely stay fairly close by under these circumstances (and few people are in the middle of making long commutes at that hour).

I really hope Tesla can create some type of idle charge as was discussed in other threads.

Reactions: David99
My guess is that it is 7am and there is nothing open anywhere around there at that time. If someone was commuting long distance, they would likely stay fairly close by under these circumstances (and few people are in the middle of making long commutes at that hour).

I really hope Tesla can create some type of idle charge as was discussed in other threads.

There is a new Starbucks open a short walk from the supercharger (beside the new Trader Joe's). I would sincerely doubt that anyone would be foolish enough to leave their S at a Culver City overnight.