Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Darien CT Rest Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped at the Darien NB service area yesterday, to charge my Model Y for the very first time (I took delivery yesterday afternoon). Pretty sure I made the parking lot attendant's night when I pulled into a stall nose-first...he laughed out loud and then reminded me that the cord isn't long enough to charge that way... [facepalm] I had felt so "cool" in my new car up until that point...quite the ego bruise! Ha!

I stopped at the Darien NB service area yesterday, to charge my Model Y for the very first time (I took delivery yesterday afternoon). Pretty sure I made the parking lot attendant's night when I pulled into a stall nose-first...he laughed out loud and then reminded me that the cord isn't long enough to charge that way... [facepalm] I had felt so "cool" in my new car up until that point...quite the ego bruise! Ha!
There are 3 nose-in stalls there. :)

Reactions: jlv1
Here's some friendly tips for Supercharging etiquette:
Top 10 Tesla Supercharger Etiquette - Unwritten Rules To Live By.
with the suggestion that nose-in is mostly for Model Xs with a trailer, which makes sense, but pretty uncommon.

I recently ran across a Supercharger stall that wasn't working. In daylight, it's hard to see if the Tesla logo was illuminated. So I swing the (thinner V3) cable up over the charger and plugged the lose end into the charger's usual receptacle, thinking others would know to avoid this stall. Yet, with 4 stalls all next to each other available, a Model 3 driver back in to the one with the coiled up cable, and finds it doesn't work. The Tesla owner then puts the cable back in the normal easy way to hang it, but now the next driver that comes along won't know it doesn't work. Sigh, we try.

Overall, I've done a lot of Supercharging these past 30K miles, and very rarely have any issues at all.

Last edited:
There's a parking lot attendant at a rest stop?

Reactions: kayak1
Here's some friendly tips for Supercharging etiquette:
Top 10 Tesla Supercharger Etiquette - Unwritten Rules To Live By.
with the suggestion that nose-in is mostly for Model Xs with a trailer, which makes sense, but pretty uncommon.

I recently ran across a Supercharger stall that wasn't working. In daylight, it's hard to see if the Tesla logo was illuminated. So I swing the (thinner V3) cable up over the charger and plugged the lose end into the charger's usual receptacle, thinking others would know to avoid this stall. Yet, with 4 stalls all next to each other available, a Model 3 driver back in to the one with the coiled up cable, and finds it doesn't work. The Tesla owner then puts the cable back in the normal easy way to hang it, but now the next driver that comes along won't know it doesn't work. Sigh, we try.

Overall, I've done a lot of Supercharging these past 30K miles, and very rarely have any issues at all.
Thank you!!! These tips are really helpful for a newbie like me. Appreciate it!!

Staggeringly impressive parking at Darien SB yesterday. It was pretty busy, too. *smh*

IMG_2568.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: MarkoC