Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dateland, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping to be able to use Dateland and El Centro - Wake Ave as my two charging locations when I do my San Diego trips in the future.
Then again, bathroom breaks upend the best laid plans now and then ...
But thankfully there are more and more options along I8 now.
El Centro Wake Ave is a great location, but was at full capacity both times I visited - thankfully the waits were in the single digits of minutes.

From 5 days ago - sorry not the best photo, but it does show some solar panel installation activity (I think).
IMG9520230318951331539501.jpg

I had to drive out to Dateland when I saw it was active. I got my first first!

I arrived with enough charge to get back to Gila Bend in case there was some problem at Dateland, so I didn't get max charging rates, but it did hit 140kW briefly. It's a very nice setup, with shaded parking at the chargers and the store is handy and open 24 hours.

Edit to add: BTW the free charging at new superchargers is a thing of the past. I did get charged for this session.

Last edited:
4-5-2023 09:20 photos. No magic docks.
1 Rivian pulled in to charge @ electrify America Station.

Attachments

• IMG_3309.jpeg
    IMG_3309.jpeg
    698.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3308.jpeg
    IMG_3308.jpeg
    502.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3304.jpeg
    IMG_3304.jpeg
    485.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3306.jpeg
    IMG_3306.jpeg
    927.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3307.jpeg
    IMG_3307.jpeg
    879.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3300.jpeg
    IMG_3300.jpeg
    601.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3301.jpeg
    IMG_3301.jpeg
    801.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3302.jpeg
    IMG_3302.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3299.jpeg
    IMG_3299.jpeg
    516.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3310.jpeg
    IMG_3310.jpeg
    738.9 KB · Views: 106
They oriented the panels correctly to both give shade and get a little more perpendicular incident solar rays.
It will clearly give shade during the middle of the day, but did you notice the direction of the charging stalls? Wondering if some some stalls will still get shade later in the afternoon as the sun gets lower. Nice to charge in the shade vs having sun in your face or having to put up the sunshade.

Reactions: tmoz
It will clearly give shade during the middle of the day, but did you notice the direction of the charging stalls? Wondering if some some stalls will still get shade later in the afternoon as the sun gets lower. Nice to charge in the shade vs having sun in your face or having to put up the sunshade.

The stalls on the east side gets morning sun and the west stalls get evening sun.
It's not the busiest station, so it possible to get shade.

Reactions: Jazz3D and Sparky1
I had to drive out to Dateland when I saw it was active. I got my first first!

I arrived with enough charge to get back to Gila Bend in case there was some problem at Dateland, so I didn't get max charging rates, but it did hit 140kW briefly. It's a very nice setup, with shaded parking at the chargers and the store is handy and open 24 hours.

Edit to add: BTW the free charging at new superchargers is a thing of the past. I did get charged for this session.
Why didn't you get free supercharging if your car has free supercharging for life? I have free supercharging for life and expect it to be free. Are you saying I won't because it is a new station?

Why didn't you get free supercharging if your car has free supercharging for life? I have free supercharging for life and expect it to be free. Are you saying I won't because it is a new station?
I never saw anywhere AZ Tim indicated his car had free supercharging unless it was in a different post. As well his signature shows "LR AWD Model Y Deep Blue Metallic 10/2020" which wouldn't indicate free supercharging for life either since I was sure that was only on the S or X.

I never saw anywhere AZ Tim indicated his car had free supercharging unless it was in a different post. As well his signature shows "LR AWD Model Y Deep Blue Metallic 10/2020" which wouldn't indicate free supercharging for life either since I was sure that was only on the S or X.
But he said "free charging at new superchargers is a thing of the past". I don't believe that statement to be true as I get free supercharging at new stations.