Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chandler, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The purpose of the Preliminary Technical Site Plan Review is to provide a source of technical information for developers intending to construct a project within the City of Chandler. A preliminary technical site plan is a map, drawn to
scale, which shows the location and dimensions of proposed buildings, drives, parking areas, open spaces, right-ofway, etc., associated with a project. This initial review, while not all-inclusive, is intended to assist the project owner by
identifying significant issues that if left unresolved will add time and/or cost to the development process.
Please download through the City’s online portal for review located at IIS Windows Server
clics/. The assigned Development Project Administrator will be contacting you after the review is complete. Please
allow 15 working day for the review.
09/06/2022PRE22-0072PretechDevServicesW RAY RD & S PRICE RDTESLA - CHARGING STATIONSClosed

Yeah about this "Closed" status doesn't sound right

Looks like there is now a building permit number associated with this location and it was submitted on 12/22. Currently back in Tesa's court for revisions tho.

Record BLD22-4183:​

Building Permit​

Record Status: Awaiting Client Reply​

SUBMITTAL RETURNED
12/29/2022 - EMAIL SENT TO APPLICANT ADVSNG PLANS W/ UPDATED 2021 CODE EDITION REQUIRED FOR REVIEW.
Applied | Notice | 12/29/2022

• Helpful
Reactions: Sparky1
Looks like there is now a building permit number associated with this location and it was submitted on 12/22. Currently back in Tesa's court for revisions tho.

Record BLD22-4183:​

Building Permit​

Record Status: Awaiting Client Reply​

SUBMITTAL RETURNED
12/29/2022 - EMAIL SENT TO APPLICANT ADVSNG PLANS W/ UPDATED 2021 CODE EDITION REQUIRED FOR REVIEW.
Applied | Notice | 12/29/2022
Looks like it is back on track...

Complete Collapse Plan Routing
Expand
Assigned to TBD
Marked as Awaiting Client Reply on 12/29/2022 by Nathaniel Koch
Assigned to TBD
Marked as Routed on 01/06/2023 by LeeAnn Banken
Assigned to TBD
Marked as Revision Submitted on 01/06/2023 by Accela Admin

San Tan mall would be a great location for a supercharger. Lots of traffic, lots of Teslas, right along the 202 (to service east-west traffic between I-10 and Globe or Payson). I bet if Tesla built a 12 stall site right now, it would be nearly full at many times of the day, just like the new Tempe site.
Another option would be Queen Creek Marketplace; this would better serve the huge housing growth in the far southeast valley area, plus San Tan Valley, Florence, etc.

San Tan mall would be a great location for a supercharger. Lots of traffic, lots of Teslas, right along the 202 (to service east-west traffic between I-10 and Globe or Payson). I bet if Tesla built a 12 stall site right now, it would be nearly full at many times of the day, just like the new Tempe site.
Another option would be Queen Creek Marketplace; this would better serve the huge housing growth in the far southeast valley area, plus San Tan Valley, Florence, etc.
So the question is what percentage of locals, as opposed to visitors, would be using a gilbert charger?

So the question is what percentage of locals, as opposed to visitors, would be using a gilbert charger?
After watching the traffic that was charging at Tempe, that location seemed to be mostly local traffic. I noticed no cars full of people, no cars packed with luggage or travel items, no one walking their dog.
I would assume that a Gilbert charging location would have an even higher percentage of locals than Tempe does. (it would be farther from an Interstate highway).
There are always Hertz and Turo renters too…