Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dateland, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But he said "free charging at new superchargers is a thing of the past". I don't believe that statement to be true as I get free supercharging at new stations.
He means that in the past when a new Supercharger station was opened that it was generally free to everyone for the first few days. (Like billing wasn't part of the initial setup.) And that is now a thing of the past.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX and scottf200
Why didn't you get free supercharging if your car has free supercharging for life?
I don't have free supercharging. If you have free supercharging for life, then you will continue to get free charging. The comments about new stations being free referred to the fact that usually charging at a new supercharger would be free to all for a short time after the supercharger opened. That ended a short time ago.

I have free charging on my 2015 model S, but I don't do that many trips. The annual $ amount for me works out to only a couple of hundred dollars a year.
It sounds like a nice windfall to have free supercharging, but the actual dollar amount for me is very modest.

There was a study done that showed that there is a certain amount of discomfort most people feel when paying for anything - whether it is $5 for a hamburger, or $120 for a nice dinner for two. They went on to suggest that if you are involved with a lunch group, you'll minimize the discomfort by rotating who pays for the entire bill. That assumes that everyone's meals are about the same.

So my conclusion is that the best part of free supercharging is that you don't have to experience the discomfort of making a payment.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200