Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Edison, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok did it this morning
a1b319ece926450de20bd2479c7e3ca0.jpg

The state's ten best malls for food

1. Menlo Park Mall, Parsonage Road and Route 1 south, Edison; (732) 494-6255.
Pizza is a food court staple, and Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen serves up the best pizza in any Jersey mall. And there's nothing like Potatopia in mall land; it offers baked, smashed, shoestring, au gratin and other potatoes with a dizzying array of toppings, fillings and sauces. Charley's Philly Steaks — really good cheesesteaks — is also here; and so is Smashburger; the brand-new Just Falafel; Rainforest Cafe; andThe Cheesecake Factory (love the banana creme cheesecake).

N.J.'s best mall food: Shop until you drop, but eat here first | NJ.com

visited edison charger last saturday.

- lot is not paved properly. few potholes may be due to winter.
- good charging speeds

This past Saturday, a bunch of us were at the chargers chatting, and a guy pulls up and introduced himself as the Assistant Director of Safety for the mall. We were chatting with him for 15-20 minutes.

In the next few weeks, the mall is scheduled to be doing some repaving of the roadways and pothole repairs. Hopefully the Supercharger area will be done.
He mentioned early this week he would have the back of the Supercharger lot area cleaned, where they piled mounds of plowed snow, and now the snow has melted, alot of dirt, asphalt and garbage remained.
He also mentioned they are aware of the lights being out by the chargers. They have tried changing the bulbs. He said they believe the lines were possibly cut during installation. Now that the ground is thawed, the mall will be fixing these soon.

Had biz dinner at Seasons 52 tonight. Only 1 MS when I arrived in 8 stalls. Didn't think to put my mobile # on dash since it was so empty. When I left restaurant - all stalls full. So my apologies if anyone wanted to charge. But on the bright side - a bunch of P85D's. Looks like it should be a good quarter!! :smile:

Stalls are really jumping on weekends and Fri Nites, as for enjoying local arts there are PLAYS in the PARK a short walk from the SUPERCHARGER site to an outdoor theater in ROOSEVELT PARK, here's a link to the site and watch a play while U charge up the TESLA ..................... Plays In The Park - Edison NJ

And the MALL has started to re-hab their property with a completion date of FALL 2015
Unless the plays are no longer than an hour, I'm not sure how appropriate it is to plug in at a supercharger and go watch a play. Maybe if you go move the car during intermission?

I was charging here last week when these two young "kids" (probably late 20s but it was dark out), come whipping around the corner and swing in pretty fast (sort of like showing off) to the supercharger stall (this one stall was a front pull-in) and then I hear a big SMMMACCCKKK. they pulled in so fast they smacked a big block of ice (piled up snow that froze into ice) with their front end. The weird thing is when they got out they didn't even bother to go look at their front end to see if they damaged it. They just walked towards the McDonald's instead like they didn't even care. Maybe they didn't realize it? They had to of as it was loud enough to startle me and they had to feel a jolt...

3449487f638364ec61353a1830cc6f9d.jpg

2e5041848ff9d57a5c2c3da90498aab0.jpg

ec7666b555ff099bf8974b3e185b5285.jpg

I was charging here last week when these two young "kids" (probably late 20s but it was dark out), come whipping around the corner and swing in pretty fast (sort of like showing off) to the supercharger stall (this one stall was a front pull-in) and then I hear a big SMMMACCCKKK. they pulled in so fast they smacked a big block of ice (piled up snow that froze into ice) with their front end. The weird thing is when they got out they didn't even bother to go look at their front end to see if they damaged it. They just walked towards the McDonald's instead like they didn't even care. Maybe they didn't realize it? They had to of as it was loud enough to startle me and they had to feel a jolt...

More importantly, did they plug in to charge?

I was there today. When I pulled in, there was one other car on 1A. I wanted to eat so I plugged in to 1B because I knew I would be about an hour (charged from 40% to 80% on an 85d). 1B was completely not functioning. I unplugged and plugged 3x. Then I moved over to 2B and it charged just fine.

I have been noticing that a lot of super chargers are underperforming or not performing at all. My anecdotal experience is about 50-70% have some issue. I don't think it is my car because I can usually find a good charger in the bunch. I would be happy to report these on line, but I don't have time to sit on the phone and troubleshoot.

Reactions: jthompson
I was there today. When I pulled in, there was one other car on 1A. I wanted to eat so I plugged in to 1B because I knew I would be about an hour (charged from 40% to 80% on an 85d). 1B was completely not functioning. I unplugged and plugged 3x. Then I moved over to 2B and it charged just fine.

I have been noticing that a lot of super chargers are underperforming or not performing at all. My anecdotal experience is about 50-70% have some issue. I don't think it is my car because I can usually find a good charger in the bunch. I would be happy to report these on line, but I don't have time to sit on the phone and troubleshoot.

You don't have the time when you're charging for an hour?
All you have to do is report it. Amazing that you took the effort to post tonight!

• Disagree
Reactions: jthompson
For what it's worth, I just charged at Edison (I think it was 3A) a couple hours ago and had no problems, even though Black Friday shopping had already started. The rest of the small lot by the superchargers was full, but amazingly, none of the Tesla spaces were ICEd. Macy's was jam-packed! (Hey, what else was I gonna do while waiting? :) )

In all seriousness, I'd recommend avoiding the area from now till at least mid-afternoon, but if you absolutely need the charge it should be possible.

@tnt1971 actually 1B has not been / under performing for a while now. I live in Jersey City and take constant trips down to Southern NJ. I always stop by Edison to charge because the mall is so convenient. I have called tech support in the past and they always say they will send someone to repair it... don't know if they did or not.

Was at the Edison NJ supercharger yesterday and had to wait for a stall (4B) to open up. Connected and hit 16 kWh maximum (all stalls were being used). Called Tesla support and said they would report it to the SC team. Curious if others have been having problems there.