Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Edison, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Landscaping in, new lines painted for the stalls and some trees planted to dress up the lot.no meter as of Sun afternoon .........................
100_7158.JPG
100_7156.JPG

100_7168.JPG
100_7170.JPG

As of this Morning they had a Tech with a S in a stall doing tests (TESLA TESTS???) with an aux Generator supplying power to the system, all panels off and checking each system stall................PSE+G Service truck on outer roadway waiting for final hookups ................ Looks to be real sooon!!!!!!

The information I got from AGW this morning (before he was leaving outside of the states) was he stopped by earlier today also, and spoke to the Electrical Foreman, as well as Brad, from Tesla who was doing the testing (with the generator). AGW said they did pass the town inspections, and now we are just waiting on PSE&G to install the electrical meter. He said that was scheduled for next Tuesday. Hopefully they might come sooner.

He also said the pairs of the pedestals MIGHT be mixed up (2 sets are paired A's (and then B's) together, and the other 4 are A&B and A&B).

The information I got from AGW this morning (before he was leaving outside of the states) was he stopped by earlier today also, and spoke to the Electrical Foreman, as well as Brad, from Tesla who was doing the testing (with the generator). AGW said they did pass the town inspections, and now we are just waiting on PSE&G to install the electrical meter. He said that was scheduled for next Tuesday. Hopefully they might come sooner.

He also said the pairs of the pedestals MIGHT be mixed up (2 sets are paired A's (and then B's) together, and the other 4 are A&B and A&B).

Great, thanks for the update. Its a shame that the meter is going to hold it up for one more week...

As of Tue 8/19 evening everything appears to ready: The meter is installed, the stations are all fully assembled, and even the transformer is humming. However the stations have the plugs tied down with yellow CAUTION ribbons and the entrance is blocked with orange construction posts.
IMG_20140819_193844.jpg

Why yes that is my beautiful S85 in the background!
~K

- - - Updated - - -

View from inside the charger area. Notwithstanding the politics of Edison, the partitions around the electrical equipment do look quite a bit better than the usual wooden ones!
IMG_20140819_193923_crop.jpg

AGW said they did pass the town inspections, and now we are just waiting on PSE&G to install the electrical meter. He said that was scheduled for next Tuesday. Hopefully they might come sooner.

"scheduled for next Tuesday"

- - - Updated - - -

As of Tue 8/19 evening everything appears to ready: The meter is installed, the stations are all fully assembled, and even the transformer is humming. However the stations have the plugs tied down with yellow CAUTION ribbons and the entrance is blocked with orange construction posts.
View attachment 57050
Why yes that is my beautiful S85 in the background!
~K

- - - Updated - - -

View from inside the charger area. Notwithstanding the politics of Edison, the partitions around the electrical equipment do look quite a bit better than the usual wooden ones!
View attachment 57051

And a day later the meter has been installed. That's much faster than they initially thought/planned.

PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good things come to those who wait........................ A few"TAPS" must be made for the system to be up and running plus you got to test the system out to see if all is right, funny thing is that same spot where the chargers are once had a BAMBERGERS SERVICE CENTER there in the 60's thru 80's where Car repairs were done .......................anybody remember BAMBERGER"S STORES?? It became Macy's and still at that same location ......................and the shot of the trucks above shows how close the station is to the McDonalds on Rte 1 .

PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good things come to those who wait........................ A few"TAPS" must be made for the system to be up and running plus you got to test the system out to see if all is right, funny thing is that same spot where the chargers are once had a BAMBERGERS SERVICE CENTER there in the 60's thru 80's where Car repairs were done .......................anybody remember BAMBERGER"S STORES?? It became Macy's and still at that same location ......................and the shot of the trucks above shows how close the station is to the McDonalds on Rte 1 .

Usually when the page redirects to the Sign-In page, it is in fact operational but not officially open. I've seen the same thing happen for MANY other locations.

Tesla is editing the page now, I get "acces denied"
So any time now I think

That's what I meant by the sign-in page. This page can be up for several days however the location may be operational at this time. In our instances where this has happened an owner has swung by the location and tested it. Obviously you should not rely on it working so that you'd don't get stranded if there if you can't get a charge.