Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I passed through Escanaba today and made a pass through the parking lot to see the chargers for myself. There were
two trucks on site from Wright electric, but at first I didn't see anyone around. I noticed the door to the transformer was
open, and as I looked closer (look under the white door in the last picture) I could see a foot of someone who was working
on it, with bits of wire laying around, so I'm assuming he was hooking it up! I called out but there was no response, and I didn't
want to interrupt this very important work. Hopefully it won't be long now...

Esky SC1.jpg
Esky SC2.jpg
Esky SC3.jpg
Esky SC4.jpg

For sure. It's a double-witching - they're pushing to open all of the Q2 locations in addition to getting as many open as possible for the holiday weekend.
Interesting. I looked at supercharge.info to see all the construction sites In the USA. A big bunch in California where many holiday charging complaints originate. I could easily understand all the Tesla staff just working on those for the Holiday.

It would be very nice to have Escanaba open by July 2, but I think it’s a stretch for the U.P.. There are a lot of driving miles and time needed to physically get to sites in the Upper Penisula (U.P.).

I don’t think sites can be activated just using remote access.

but surely, by August….

Interesting. I looked at supercharge.info to see all the construction sites In the USA. A big bunch in California where many holiday charging complaints originate. I could easily understand all the Tesla staff just working on those for the Holiday.

It would be very nice to have Escanaba open by July 2, but I think it’s a stretch for the U.P.. There are a lot of driving miles and time needed to physically get to sites in the Upper Penisula (U.P.).

I don’t think sites can be activated just using remote access.

but surely, by August….
July 1 would be ideal. I will be through town about 3 PM on July 1st and would really like to charge there for 25 min vs a couple hours at the hotel. On the way to Mackinaw.

Reactions: Calimenti