TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Fontana, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2019, 24 Urban type)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by williamd314, Apr 13, 2018.

1. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Further proof!

• Like x 1
  2. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

Slight progress. Some metal grates spray painted silver to cover conduit canal:

IMG_0681.JPG IMG_0684.JPG

• Like x 1
  3. Need

Need Active Member

Those were not there on Friday!

4. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

• Like x 1
  5. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

Well, not much progress to report today around noon. 111ºF here in Fontana. Silver painted trough covers still as they were since the last report. It looks like they delivered some large conduits but upon closer inspection, they appear to be poles with a mounting base. Anyone know what they're for? There were five on location.

IMG_2071.JPG IMG_3941.JPG IMG_4793.JPG

• Like x 1
  6. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

On a side note, the poles or conduits appeared to be about the same length as the narrow concrete trough between the distribution cabinets and the larger concrete vault.

7. Need

Need Active Member

The car said it was 114 around 4pm when I got home at the summit exit. But it was 120 at Irwindale. Crazy weather.

120_temp.JPG

8. tbleakne

tbleakne Member

The fact they are same length seems to be a strong clue that they are indeed conduits. The power from the transformer to the distribution cabinet will be 3phase 480 Volts phase-to-phase. I calculate 2,200A each phase! So you would expect big conduits. A delay this long for completing the transformer pad and its wiring seems strange.

9. williamd314

williamd314 Member

I went by the parking lot yesterday, those poles are now placed periodically throughout the stalls. I think maybe they're lamps?

10. williamd314

williamd314 Member

Drove by the location last night, those black poles were lamp posts. The lamps they installed are lower than the parking lot lamps, and right now they're not energized. They also don't really match the look of the parking lot, but whatever. Come on SCE, get this place energized!

• Like x 1
  11. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

#71 Sharkbait, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    All the fences at the site have been removed except for the area that is waiting for SCE's transformer. The five mystery poles that were delivered are indeed lamp poles, like in pic #1.

IMG_2170.JPG IMG_2526.JPG IMG_6146.JPG IMG_8691.JPG

• Like x 6
    • Helpful x 2
  12. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Member

...these need to hurry up..cant keep eating and mall rating to charge my 3..the 24 hour fitness is perfect!!!

• Funny x 2
  13. K3Man

K3Man Member

They've wrapped the charger pedestals as well. Probably to keep them from being vandalized (or otherwise "decorated"). ;)

• Informative x 1
  14. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

You know, there was something different about the site that I just couldn't figure out when I last visited. That was it! The logic. They ship a couple dozen Superchargers to the site, which I presume are boxed and wrapped up, then unwrap them only to wrap them back up after a few weeks! Go figure. The timing and communication between Tesla & SCE are non-existent. I hope this doesn't mean that SCE's transformer is another three months out.......

• Like x 1
  15. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

C'mon Edison! It's not like you're going broke! Get it done! It should be as easy as your last rate increase!

• Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  16. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper Member

They aren't reading this thread. But they will hear you at:

Customer service: 1-800-655-4555
    Twitter: @SCE

17. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

I am beginning to think that my local Tesla Service Center and Edison Customer Service should remove the word "Service" from any of their customer departments.

18. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper Member

Which SvC do you go to?

19. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Moderator note: if you want to discuss a Tesla Service Center in California, you are welcome to do so in the California forum. This thread is specifically about the Fontana CA Supercharger that is under construction.

Thank you.

• Funny x 1
  20. tbleakne

tbleakne Member

I stopped by Tues July 31 on my way back from a trip up 395 and there was no progress. I guess there are two open vaults because one will be used beneath the transformer and the other will connect to the high voltage distribution. I agree this delay is very frustrating.