Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fontana, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2019, 24 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slight progress. Some metal grates spray painted silver to cover conduit canal:

IMG_0681.JPG
IMG_0684.JPG

Reactions: williamd314
Well, not much progress to report today around noon. 111ºF here in Fontana. Silver painted trough covers still as they were since the last report. It looks like they delivered some large conduits but upon closer inspection, they appear to be poles with a mounting base. Anyone know what they're for? There were five on location.

IMG_2071.JPG
IMG_3941.JPG
IMG_4793.JPG

Reactions: follow.johnny
The fact they are same length seems to be a strong clue that they are indeed conduits. The power from the transformer to the distribution cabinet will be 3phase 480 Volts phase-to-phase. I calculate 2,200A each phase! So you would expect big conduits. A delay this long for completing the transformer pad and its wiring seems strange.

They've wrapped the charger pedestals as well. Probably to keep them from being vandalized (or otherwise "decorated"). ;)

You know, there was something different about the site that I just couldn't figure out when I last visited. That was it! The logic. They ship a couple dozen Superchargers to the site, which I presume are boxed and wrapped up, then unwrap them only to wrap them back up after a few weeks! Go figure. The timing and communication between Tesla & SCE are non-existent. I hope this doesn't mean that SCE's transformer is another three months out.......

Reactions: follow.johnny
I stopped by Tues July 31 on my way back from a trip up 395 and there was no progress. I guess there are two open vaults because one will be used beneath the transformer and the other will connect to the high voltage distribution. I agree this delay is very frustrating.