TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Fontana, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2019, 24 Urban type)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by williamd314, Apr 13, 2018.

1. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

The Issaquah location had ground broken and Tesla crates on site and then they changed their mind and paved it over and it sat for a few months before they just recently broke ground again. Fingers crossed now!

2. williamd314

williamd314 Member

I have a strong feeling we won't see completion until after October 1. They're trying to make Q3 a huge quarter for revenue and profit specifically, so I think they're holding off on avoidable costs until October 1. Judging by how aggressively they're trying to deliver vehicles (Model 3 day 1 reservation holders are being offered the RWD showroom/display vehicles, and the New Inventory vehicles available on EV-CPO.com are through the roof), I think they're going to delay until Q4. :eek:

3. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

Drove by today around noon and no change, nada.

4. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

Small update, Tesla charging area received a new asphalt coating, presumably for the striping of each slot.

Fontana Supercharger Site.JPG

• Like x 5
  5. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

@Sharkbait Thanks for the update, finally some new progress on this location! :cool:

6. tbleakne

tbleakne Member

Friday 1pm no further progress, not even striping for stalls. SCE where is your transformer.?

7. jefflawless

jefflawless Member

Drive by today at noon. No stripes yet. All fencing is removed, looks like some irrigation or plumbing done and some yellow barrier posts installed.

Hoping transformer is next.

8. jefflawless

jefflawless Member

Went by today because fwy was already backing up. Good news, we have striping.

Now we just need power.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  9. Need

Need Active Member

I stopped by today too to get China One lunch. :p

fontana_charger.JPG

• Like x 3
  10. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

To hell with the striping, how was lunch? :)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. williamd314

williamd314 Member

Asking the important questions.

12. tbleakne

tbleakne Member

Small amount of progress since my last visit with protective temporary plywood over vaults as shown. I guess this area will not need the strong protective fencing around the Chargers at many other SC locations because the mall has 24 7 security? 20180924_120629.jpg 20180924_120537.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  13. tbleakne

tbleakne Member

I had lunch at China One which is on West Side of Target. Very fast friendly service a little more noodles then I really needed.

• Love x 1
  14. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

Cruised through at 10:30 this morning. No updates. Will cruise through again on Friday morning to wrap up the week.

15. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper Member

Damn you SCE!

16. Need

Need Active Member

Stop by today to pick up lunch again, nothing changed. This time we got Panera Bread and Hawaiian BBQ. Can't have Chinese every week. :p

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  17. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

You beat me to it, as I passed through yesterday around 10:30 AM. Couldn't post right away. As noted, the fence is down. Ordinarily, I'm prone to believe it's because Edison has notified the property owner or Tesla that access must be open. Is a transformer installation imminent? Wish it was. Lots of local food options at noted by @Need. It will be a great charging location for sure!

18. K3Man

K3Man Member

... I counted four more rocks on the top of one of those piles. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper Member

I get excited every time I get an alert that someone posted to this thread. Unfortunately, each time I've been disappointed.

This thread is like SCE holding the football for Charlie Brown to kick!

• Funny x 1
  20. williamd314

williamd314 Member

Weekly update: nothing to report. Drove by a couple times this week, no more progress, nothing changed at the site. The paving and parking lines being repainted is reassuring, and now officially being in Q4, I am hoping we all see a quick resolution to this long wait.