Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fontana, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2019, 24 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking through some of the other Supercharging locations listed as "Construction" on Supercharge.info, and if it makes us feel any better(?), Issaquah, WA Supercharger has been under construction since November 3, 2017, and they're only now getting the stalls and cement work done. That's 10 months ago. We've got stalls, everything buttoned up, just missing power. Sigh.
The Issaquah location had ground broken and Tesla crates on site and then they changed their mind and paved it over and it sat for a few months before they just recently broke ground again. Fingers crossed now!

I have a strong feeling we won't see completion until after October 1. They're trying to make Q3 a huge quarter for revenue and profit specifically, so I think they're holding off on avoidable costs until October 1. Judging by how aggressively they're trying to deliver vehicles (Model 3 day 1 reservation holders are being offered the RWD showroom/display vehicles, and the New Inventory vehicles available on EV-CPO.com are through the roof), I think they're going to delay until Q4. :eek:

Small update, Tesla charging area received a new asphalt coating, presumably for the striping of each slot.

Fontana Supercharger Site.JPG

Stop by today to pick up lunch again, nothing changed. This time we got Panera Bread and Hawaiian BBQ. Can't have Chinese every week.

You beat me to it, as I passed through yesterday around 10:30 AM. Couldn't post right away. As noted, the fence is down. Ordinarily, I'm prone to believe it's because Edison has notified the property owner or Tesla that access must be open. Is a transformer installation imminent? Wish it was. Lots of local food options at noted by @Need. It will be a great charging location for sure!

Weekly update: nothing to report. Drove by a couple times this week, no more progress, nothing changed at the site. The paving and parking lines being repainted is reassuring, and now officially being in Q4, I am hoping we all see a quick resolution to this long wait.