Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This story has more twists and turns than the road up Pikes Peak.

I can't get back to Flying J/Fort Stockton for a few weeks. Can anyone go by to check it out?

Manager is Troy: 432-336-3410. Very helpful in the past - seems to be on his toes.
He thinks he will have a big problem keeping the stations ice-free. I think he's right!

Alright, Charlie, I did stop at the Fort Stockton Flying J a couple hours ago and saw no signs of anything. I didn't bother asking staff as it was around midnight so obviously none of the managers would be in anyway. It's a small lot but I did see two places where a supercharger could maybe be shoe horned in. One next to the propane tank (IIRC there was a big transformer near that too), and one on the far side of the gas pumps out toward the freeway. I agree that ICEing/crowding would be a huge issue here as even at midnight on a week night about half the available parking spots were occupied.

Alright, Charlie, I did stop at the Fort Stockton Flying J a couple hours ago and saw no signs of anything. I didn't bother asking staff as it was around midnight so obviously none of the managers would be in anyway.

They're probably starting to get curious as to why there are so many Teslas circling their store.... we've been doing it every few weeks for ~2 years now.... :(

Hello all.. I happen to work in Ft. Stockton. Live in El Paso.. I drive out there for a week, every other week. I got my S back in November last year and have been wondering what's taking so long with the Ft. Stockton charger getting installed. Glad I came across this forum.. lots of interesting information of the history of the past year or so. As I understand it all from what I've read, the supercharger is no longer planned to go in the Fairfield Inn parking lot, now it's thought to be going in the Flying J? Interesting.. not particularly good news for me.. the Fairfield Inn was more convenient.. but oh well. I'm on vacation right now.. but I'll be back there in mid September. I'll start asking around the locals I know, if anyone knows any people there. If not, I'll just go in and start nosing around. I'll let you know what I find out

Hello all.. I happen to work in Ft. Stockton. Live in El Paso.. I drive out there for a week, every other week. I got my S back in November last year and have been wondering what's taking so long with the Ft. Stockton charger getting installed. Glad I came across this forum.. lots of interesting information of the history of the past year or so. As I understand it all from what I've read, the supercharger is no longer planned to go in the Fairfield Inn parking lot, now it's thought to be going in the Flying J? Interesting.. not particularly good news for me.. the Fairfield Inn was more convenient.. but oh well. I'm on vacation right now.. but I'll be back there in mid September. I'll start asking around the locals I know, if anyone knows any people there. If not, I'll just go in and start nosing around. I'll let you know what I find out
This has semi mega charger written all over it! No better location for a trucker than a flying J..... except maybe a xxx nudie magazine shop at a heisenberg’s blue skymart & prostutopia.

I guess it makes sense for Walmart: I don't think there is much demographic overlap between Walmart customers and Tesla owners.
Perhaps more overlap with less expensive EVs.
Your thoughts?

buttershrimp: yes indeed, but I don't think anyone thought that far ahead.
We'll end up with perpetually iced spots if they put them out front by the sign where the manager indicated.
We'll find out................some day.

Does anyone plan to buy a Chademo adapter for the Walmart/VW option?