Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Worth, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bollar

Disgruntled Member
May 1, 2013
Southlake, TX
This is old news, but a permit was applied for on March 22, 2018 at 2616 Whitmore St, Fort Worth, TX. The permit has not been issued. The location is a good sized parking lot. Given the proximity to West 7th area, my presumption is an urban Supercharger.

Project Description:
Tesla
Proposing to install an electric vehicle charging station. The scope of work includes the installation of (8) charging cabinets, (16) charging posts, (1) QED switchgear assembly, (8) NLTC transformer, (1) utility transformer, (1) pedestrian light fixtures.

Fort Worth Supercharger Parking Lot.jpeg

Does that correlate with - Search and Status

TARRANT
Place: WESTWORTH
Address: 6770
Street: WESTWORTH BLVD
Intersecting Street: GREEN OAKS RD
Location of Work: WE NEED ALL UTILITIES LOCATED ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF WAL-MART IN THEIR PARKING LOT. BOUNDED ON THE WEST BY COODY DRIVE, THE NORTH BY WAL-MART BUILDING, THE EAST TO THE MIDDLE OF THE PARKING LOT, AND THE SOUTH BY THE EDGE OF THE PARKING LOT. DRIVING DIRECTIONS: THE WAL-MART LOCATED EAST OF THE SAMS CLUB AT THE LISTED ADDRESS.
Remarks: TESS: 1864565875 Seq: 7843 Rcd: 05/25/18 16:32 WTBD: 05/30/18 16:30
Map: TX

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Does that correlate with - Search and Status

TARRANT
Place: WESTWORTH
Address: 6770
Street: WESTWORTH BLVD
Intersecting Street: GREEN OAKS RD
Location of Work: WE NEED ALL UTILITIES LOCATED ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF WAL-MART IN THEIR PARKING LOT. BOUNDED ON THE WEST BY COODY DRIVE, THE NORTH BY WAL-MART BUILDING, THE EAST TO THE MIDDLE OF THE PARKING LOT, AND THE SOUTH BY THE EDGE OF THE PARKING LOT. DRIVING DIRECTIONS: THE WAL-MART LOCATED EAST OF THE SAMS CLUB AT THE LISTED ADDRESS.
Remarks: TESS: 1864565875 Seq: 7843 Rcd: 05/25/18 16:32 WTBD: 05/30/18 16:30
Map: TX
No, this is quite a bit west of the permit location. I do think this location makes more sense, though the White Settlement, Texas address is a bit off-putting.

Both locations are a bit of a puzzle. I can't see why these are needed in those locations. It would seem to make more sense putting one off/near the 820/20/30 interchange.

Can't figure Tesla's thinking for where they locate these things.

Reactions: CarlS
Both locations are a bit of a puzzle. I can't see why these are needed in those locations. It would seem to make more sense putting one off/near the 820/20/30 interchange.

Can't figure Tesla's thinking for where they locate these things.
I think West 7th is a reasonable location for an urban Supercharger. There is a lot of condo development within a few blocks and I suppose people could go to Target (three blocks away) while the car is charging.

Similarly, the White Settlement location (fortunately with a Fort Worth ZIP Code) is only a few miles from West 7th and very close to the Lockheed Martin factory, so I suppose it's another reasonable urban Supercharger site (at least for those who do their shopping at Walmart & Lowes).

I agree that the 820/20/30 interchange is more where I'd rather have it.

I think Tesla should partner with Whataburger in Texas. They have a lot of locations that are open 24 hours, decent bathrooms, Wifi, and are almost everywhere. Put in 3-4 chargers at several WB locations and the ability to charge in urban areas, and while traveling, increases substantially.

The parking lot is close to Angelos - BBQ staple in Ft. Worth for a long time. The Target store and a lot of restaurants are a reasonable walk away.

IMG_2519.JPG
The Whitemore location has much construction activity going on now. I snapped a pic of it yesterday, but not a great photo. There's a construction trailer on site, along with the electrical switchgear, still in shipping crates. It's happening. Now if we can just get this doggone Texas monsoon weather to stop for at least a month, they might get the job completed!

Also, if the supercharge.info folks monitor this forum for Supercharger updates, I think you can safely change the Fort Worth status from "permit" to "construction".

EDIT: Adding photo, even if it sucks.

Last edited:
Just fyi on this location. It is off the grid around 10 minutes from the highway based on which direction you choose to get there. The university/camp bowie and 7th street intersection is always a delay and worth avoiding if possible. The supercharger is within a few places to kill time easily. Docs records is closest nearby which has lots of old school vinyl and the best time killing option, M&O burgers is really good right by it for food, The Fort Worth Food park is close also with a bunch of food trucks and would be the quickest food option, and the Target center has a bunch of options, but would be an easy way to walk away and overstay your charge. Clay pigeon is also fine dining nearby, and Angelo's barbecue is also really close. Just noting that on what options are available around this area. It is not a desert at least.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J
i don't frequent that area much, location does look a little out of the way for interstate travel. but the more chargers the better.
I agree, I’ve been to a few Superchargers and this location seems out of the norm for Tesla. Why wouldn’t the location be in the Target parking lot. From the google maps view, I wouldn’t want to visit this area late at night. Am I missing something here?

I agree, I’ve been to a few Superchargers and this location seems out of the norm for Tesla. Why wouldn’t the location be in the Target parking lot. From the google maps view, I wouldn’t want to visit this area late at night. Am I missing something here?

The Target parking lot is usually pretty crowded during the day so ICEing could be a problem.

Just fyi on this location. It is off the grid around 10 minutes from the highway based on which direction you choose to get there. The university/camp bowie and 7th street intersection is always a delay and worth avoiding if possible. The supercharger is within a few places to kill time easily. Docs records is closest nearby which has lots of old school vinyl and the best time killing option, M&O burgers is really good right by it for food, The Fort Worth Food park is close also with a bunch of food trucks and would be the quickest food option, and the Target center has a bunch of options, but would be an easy way to walk away and overstay your charge. Clay pigeon is also fine dining nearby, and Angelo's barbecue is also really close. Just noting that on what options are available around this area. It is not a desert at least.

There are ways to avoid the University/7th Street intersection and still get to the Whitmore location effectively. I do agree it is somewhat of an odd location, but does fit in with Tesla's new emphasis on "urban Superchargers".

What I'd like to see happen, in regards to additional Superchargers, is for a set to go in at Interstate 20 just east of Hulen Street. There's an empty lot at that location, east of McDonald's, that years ago had a restaurant. It would be a great spot for those passing through town east or west bound on Interstate 20, who last saw a Supercharger to the west at Cisco and to the east at Lindale.

Reactions: jrad6515