Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Framingham, MA - Worcester Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, swung by again today - no changes/markings, but this primary conduit going up the pole (that was there last time I swung by) is almost certainly where it's going...

5C3199A2-8678-4D91-AD1C-98B7D65C879B_1_102_o.jpeg

Reactions: jlv1 and kayak1
I'm surprised. There's already an SC in Shoppers World, which is less than a mile away. Now there's this, and I see talk of one at Old Path Village, which is just as close.

As happy as I am to see more SCs, check the map - this cluster of 3 is very tight. We could use some SCs to fill in gaps on the map, such as Greenfield or Williamstown.

New supercharger sites are always a balance between Tesla picking sites to fill in gaps and host site requests. I assume this location at the Aloft hotel is a host site request - the other... unclear but wouldn't rule it out. The area definitely needs more supercharger capacity as the existing V2 Framingham site is full frequently with waits and of course is only getting busier as the fleet grows.

I definitely agree with those two holes you pointed out needing to be filled though.

Reactions: kayak1 and chjch
Some progress as of Wed 4/12/23. The previous trench has been backfilled, and a new trench has been cut in the pavement. The previous trench now seems to be for the feed from the pole to the south side of the project where the supercharger equipment pad will be located. They've started assembling the form for that pad already (last picture). The new trench will be for the conduit feeding the supercharger posts. It looks like about half the supercharger cabinets have left the scene - not sure where they went (they are not at the nearby Concord St project).

IMG_9756.jpeg

IMG_9757.jpeg

IMG_9759.jpeg

IMG_9762.jpeg