Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Frederick, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Frederick Supercarger! One to two weeks away! So I've been tracking progress on this site since last spring when the building permit was approved.
20191108_114218.jpg
Work proceeded over the summer. But things have been languishing for the past six weeks as delivery of the red and white charging pedastals was delayed. I talked to the workers today, and construction/installation is complete. Only inspections remain before turn on. At last. A useful stop for Teslas traveling north from DC or west from Baltimore. Or coming to enjoy the restaurants, breweries, music and theater that charming Frederick offers.

So if the meter is already in place, will there be any further delays for inspections and the like or will it get turned on as soon as it is completed?

They just need an electrical final, which should be easy to get, given they have the service turned on already. He just will look at the pedestals and two lights.

At Leesburg the installers had left power on and the site automatically turned on when power was turned on. I know they had a lot of issues charging at a high rate,and don't know when Tesla showed up and calibrated the units.

How do you check, are the lights on the stands lit?

The lights would be on but on a sunny day it would be hard.

You can try to charge, if there isn't power your charge door wont open when you press the chargers button.

I was surprised they haven't turned the chargers on. They did at Leesburg, I know Tesla had issues with several pedestals but some did work.

There is a lot of trash piled up in the switch gear compound so there coming back.

They just need an electrical final, which should be easy to get, given they have the service turned on already. He just will look at the pedestals and two lights.

At Leesburg the installers had left power on and the site automatically turned on when power was turned on. I know they had a lot of issues charging at a high rate,and don't know when Tesla showed up and calibrated the units.

Have you seen the difference in MD electrical inspections versus VA, I deal with these people all the time. VA=Easy MD= Well, I will leave it to your imagination....

My wife and I would definitely be up for a helping organizing a ribbon cutting bringing our Models X and S...and we MIGHT be able to interest a local civic leader or two.

haha. Given how much fan fare we had with the opening of the I70 Ramp on Monocacy, I'm sure you can get at least a half dozen :)

Ribbon Cutting of New Interstate 70 Interchage

I had a good meme for this, but I can't find the Frederick News Editorial where they did a ribbon cutting and one of the people in the background says "well, they did buy the scissors" :)