Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably a stupid question, but I used a Supercharger (Maidstone) today for about 15 mins and it said my charge was about a tenner.
However, I just drove off afterwards and have had no prompt to pay it other than the figure being shown on my last charge. How do they draw this money down - I’ve no card linked to my account (barring what I used for the deposit). Will it come out of my finance each month?

I’ve no card linked to my account (barring what I used for the deposit)

Quite possibly that one. Its the one registered on account one for non finance cars typically from ordering process. Not sure about finance ones though.

Did you use a referral code link when ordering? If so, you will get 400kWh over 6 months to use which will be in the loot page of the app.

Last edited:
…Did you use a referral code link when ordering? If so, you will get 400kWh over 6 months to use which will be in the loot page of the app.
Whether he got 400kWh over 6 months or some other bonus is mostly due to exactly when he purchased his car (and if he used a referral). @SussexYorkie, you can see the status of your bonus by pressing the loot box on the app — the "treasure box" on the upper right of the app.

Also, if the car is new, you can visit Superchargers when you don't have a card link (or if you have had the car awhile if your card expires). Tesla will let you charge but you will get an email which says to update your payment card or SC will become unavailable. They don't want you stranded so if something is wrong with your card (or you have none), they will allow a SC without payment but subsequent ones will be denied.

I don't know if this is documented anywhere but this happened to me.

Reactions: DaddyCool