Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 39201 Fremont Blvd (Fremont Hub, LIVE 27 Apr 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see there was supposed to be an inspection a week ago, but it was marked as cancelled.....

Original permit Accela Citizen Access
Revision 1 Accela Citizen Access

The inspections are listed on the revised permit, this is the most interesting one....

Johnny Gusman (1/18/2018 1:52 PM)
This is for slab that was already poured for a switchgear that was sinking. All inspections will need to be done again.

Since then the 2 inspections that were scheduled, were cancelled. None are showing as scheduled at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Wow ... just wow.

At work today I saw the underground electric conduit concrete crew putting in a fourth pour of concrete completely around their excavated trench filled with conduits. They used copious consolidation, and brown concrete to mark that electric was underneath. The dirt around the slab area is soil tested, compacted, compacted again, foundations laid around it, and underneath the slab trenched pipes with concrete, then base rock compacted (compaction rover, for a month (that thing vibrated hard)) and compaction tested (automated meter), then water barrier, then rebar, then concrete slab. The slab is curing since a few days ago. The slab is surrounded by columns.

All of that is for a building. A parking lot placed directly on ground has only portions of that.

But, in a parking area, I do expect them to compact the soil properly, put in proper trench fill as needed, compacted properly, and under the slab, put proper compaction, and if need be, some slurry and/or concrete, to hold the pipes in place and keep the foundation of the slab sturdy. It almost seems as if they just backfilled with the same soil and never bothered to do any soil management at all, and hoped everything would work out. It also explains why they had all of the heavy equipment there, again, and also explains why they retrenched everything, and also explains why they were pissed off.

Us humans have a way of getting people elected to do stuff to ourselves that isn't what we expect. Right now, building inspectors are asking for a lot of stuff. But, in the work sites I work in, the work sites are expected to be large and expensive, so those types of things are very minor issues. However, that only means that on different smaller work sites with smaller crews with smaller jobs trying to use smaller materials and faster methods should have better workmanship, because if their workmanship isn't up to par, then the inspector is going to fault every failure and make it get done again.

I really like the idea of efficient inexpensive SuperCharger installations, however, if they cut corners they can't cut, then that's not going to work out. If they want to use inexpensive means to accomplish a job, I'm all for it, provided that those inexpensive means are effective at quality outcome. The slab setlling down in less than a month is not quality work.