Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gainesville, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in G'ville and I can tell you there is nothing going on. Maybe Tesla decided on another location, hopefully Tesla decides to install it at the new Wawa being built nearby, just off the interstate, quicker in and out.

I live in G'ville and I can tell you there is nothing going on. Maybe Tesla decided on another location, hopefully Tesla decides to install it at the new Wawa being built nearby, just off the interstate, quicker in and out.
What intersection? I didn’t even know there was one here. It would make sense, since Tesla has that deal with Wawa. The ones in Live Oak and Jacksonville are at Wawa stations and at least one in Tampa also is

Did you ever get a chance to swing by the supposed installation location?
Sorry for the late reply, I forgot to go that time. But today I went and drove all around that end of the shopping center, not just around the Bonefish, and there’s nothing anywhere. And all that area is brand new. It seems that if they were going to build it they would have done it before all the paving and landscaping was done. I wonder if a new permit has been pulled for the Wawa location like @ejp001 was wondering. Maybe Wawa offered Tesla a better deal and they just abandoned the Butler Plaza permit.

What intersection? I didn’t even know there was one here. It would make sense, since Tesla has that deal with Wawa. The ones in Live Oak and Jacksonville are at Wawa stations and at least one in Tampa also is

The Wawa is not built yet, they are just doing site work right now but it's going in at Archer Rd and SW 43rd Street to the west of I-75, across from the Cracker Barrel and Kangaroo Express. There's a Starbucks also being built in the same location.

Yesterday I was contacted by another representative from Butler Enterprises. He again confirmed that there will be a Supercharger Station eventually built in the Bonefish Grill parking lot not far from Chili's Restaurant. He also invited our club members and the public to join them this Saturday, December 8th at their First Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony in which Santa will be arriving in style in a Tesla Model X. He mentioned that during the event they will be announcing the "Coming Soon" Tesla Supercharger Station.

Butler Town Center Tree Lighting.png

Join them for their 1st Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony. Watch your children's eyes sparkle as they have the opportunity to meet Santa!

This year's event will be held in partnership with the Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Central Florida at the newly constructed Butler Town Center (adjacent to Whole Foods). The event will begin at 2:30pm and Santa arrives at 3:00pm.

The evening culminates at 6:00pm with a special presentation from the Ronald McDonald House and the lighting of our Butler Town Center holiday tree!

The event will include free activities for children including face painting and musical performances from special guests.

(Please note below that Tesla is a special guest at this event.)

Ceremony Participants..png

Larry

Reactions: Seven7
Patiently waiting fingers crossed for Gainesville supercharger as I wait here in lake city supercharging on a round trip from Jacksonville.

Raining all day in Florida really ate up all my range getting 372 Wh/mi. Who would have thought puddles could cause so much resistance.

Passed new supercharger on 210 by I95 Ponte Vedra and looked complete. Already has sign post just missing actual red Tesla sign.

Patiently waiting fingers crossed for Gainesville supercharger as I wait here in lake city supercharging on a round trip from Jacksonville.

Raining all day in Florida really ate up all my range getting 372 Wh/mi. Who would have thought puddles could cause so much resistance.

Passed new supercharger on 210 by I95 Ponte Vedra and looked complete. Already has sign post just missing actual red Tesla sign.

The County Rd 210 site is now open with 10 stalls.

Reactions: Battmobile
The County Rd 210 site is now open with 10 stalls.
Thanks for the update. Planning a trip to Gainesville soon from Ponte Vedra Beach.

Hopefully the car can recommend heading back to Gainesville and stopping on the new 210 supercharger. Lately the car has me stopping in lake city to charge depending on the weather.

Has anyone seen any progress at the butler plaza location?

• Disagree
Reactions: TI Sailor
Yesterday I was contacted by another representative from Butler Enterprises. He again confirmed that there will be a Supercharger Station eventually built in the Bonefish Grill parking lot not far from Chili's Restaurant. He also invited our club members and the public to join them this Saturday, December 8th at their First Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony in which Santa will be arriving in style in a Tesla Model X. He mentioned that during the event they will be announcing the "Coming Soon" Tesla Supercharger Station.

Join them for their 1st Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony. Watch your children's eyes sparkle as they have the opportunity to meet Santa!

This year's event will be held in partnership with the Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Central Florida at the newly constructed Butler Town Center (adjacent to Whole Foods). The event will begin at 2:30pm and Santa arrives at 3:00pm.

The evening culminates at 6:00pm with a special presentation from the Ronald McDonald House and the lighting of our Butler Town Center holiday tree!

The event will include free activities for children including face painting and musical performances from special guests.

(Please note below that Tesla is a special guest at this event.)

Larry

@Larry Chanin - any updates from Butler?

Reactions: Battmobile
Any progress update from locals?
none that I can see..just looked a few days ago

UPDATE: Just looked at the City of Gainesville permitting site again and it looks like we have a new permit! BUT!!...the description says "Tesla Charging Station Target", but when you actually look at the application it is for 4 Electrify America stations at the Target, so not a Supercharger! arrg!

Imgur
4VQKApW

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
I was there Saturday and Sunday.
Directly in front of Whole Foods there is a large area temporarily walled off with decorative plywood to look nice.

That area is too small for any store. Feet from, adjacent to that area is a transformer. Pics of this same area are previously shown in this thread. Makes sense to me to put them next to the transformer, that way they don't tear up the brand new parking lot.

They could conceivably install all the superchargers and hardware behind these partitions and be completely done before anyone was the wiser.
I see no other action either.
There is an area behind the mall, also a transformer there and 9 spots adjacent that would be more our of the way.