Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gainesville, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it has begun! butler plaza announced construction began today for 10 stalls.

Attachments

• B0F9C481-DA66-46E1-855C-E1C462789D3A.jpeg
    B0F9C481-DA66-46E1-855C-E1C462789D3A.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 74C2B2BB-B064-4B06-A63C-2CD9E5254DC0.jpeg
    74C2B2BB-B064-4B06-A63C-2CD9E5254DC0.jpeg
    355.6 KB · Views: 147
Gainesville, FL

Along Primary Interstates: I-75
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-441

I-75:
To: Lake City, FL - 45.1 miles
Diversion: 1.6 miles
To: Tifton, GA - 150.1 miles

Splits an 80.7 mile gap between Ocala, FL and Lake City, FL.
But, will be helpful for efficient Supercharger travel by providing better skipping options.

Reactions: suwaneedad
Another update, looks like things are in motion, the original permit for the Tesla Supercharger from last year is still active as there has been some activity, an email dated Feb 5 from an engineering firm looking to pull permits "ASAP" has been attached.
Thanks,

As of today, Feb 12th, the online permitting system still does not yet show that a permit has been issued, but apparently from the email communication a permit is imminent. For the benefit of those following this thread, the email is an exchange between the Site Acquisition Manager with Black & Veatch, Tesla's engineering and construction firm that is responsible for designing, site assessment and permitting of Supercharger Stations, and the Gainesville Chief Plans Examiner. The Site Acquisition Manager is inquiring regarding the status of the building permit and the Plan Examiner is responding that he is working on the permit, but General Liability & Worker Comp Certificates for the Tesla contractor performing the work are still required.

It appears to me that the contractor is staging fencing, barricades, etc. in preparation for the permit, but in the absence of a permit hasn't broken ground yet.

Based on the posted photos and photos that ejp001 has provided to me, here are some Google views providing an orientation of where I thinks the charging stalls will go relative to the various landmarks in the shopping mall. (For those that have actually visited the site, please let me know if this isn't precisely correct.)

Gainesville Supercharger vicinity.png

The Google view of the parking lot shows the previous layout. It has since been improved to install a sidewalk adjacent to the where the charging stalls will be aligned.

Gainesville Supercharger vicinity 2.png

This Google street view shows where the charging stalls will go in relation to the Bonefish Grill, Whole Foods and Chilli's.

Here are some additional actual photos that esp001 provided to me earlier today.

Gainesville Supercharger staging 1.jpg

From the whole foods

Gainesville Supercharger staging 2.jpg

Facing Southwest

Gainesville Supercharger staging 3.jpg

Facing East

Larry

Last edited:
I found a new PlugShare location at Butler Plaza for the SCs. I’m assuming ep001 added the photo because it is the same as Larry posted.

Attachments

• 4540342F-9685-4CE0-B678-E0B766448DBC.jpeg
    4540342F-9685-4CE0-B678-E0B766448DBC.jpeg
    928.4 KB · Views: 111
I hope I am wrong but it's proximity to the entrance of Whole Foods makes me think these will be ICE'd on the reg.

Just put all Superchargers in the worst spots possible everywhere. Ugh.

Your wish has been granted. These SCs are on the side of the Whole Foods, not in front. Also, as indicated in the photo, a reasonable distance from that building. There are four Chargepoint EVSEs in front, near the entrance and I have never seen more than one ICE in them. Of course, your general concern is warranted.

Reactions: Seven7