Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Gettysburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to SC yesterday evening. Didn’t stay long, only added about 3 kW from about 17% to 20%. Just enough that I wouldn’t go under 10% before getting home.

The rate was disappointing, but I think all 85 batteries have been 85ed now. My battery has just over 600 kW of DC charging so it shouldn’t have needed to be neutered at this point. It ramped up to 99 kW initially but dropped like a rock into the 80s.

If I were to ever get a Raven loaner while in for service (and Hell were to freeze over) I would probably try to check the charge rate here. Or a 3/Y loaner (would only be a cold day in Hell rather than frozen over).

Went by earlier, 2 of the spots should always be available but the majority I see will be ICED. They do have 10 min parking signs but will probably be a problem until the spot sees more use.
Not sure if it was intentional but all of the spots are very long/deep.

Attachments

• DE773432-8328-4F3A-8C0B-42420A924FCD.jpeg
    DE773432-8328-4F3A-8C0B-42420A924FCD.jpeg
    794.1 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: MarcoRP
Went by earlier, 2 of the spots should always be available but the majority I see will be ICED. They do have 10 min parking signs but will probably be a problem until the spot sees more use.
Not sure if it was intentional but all of the spots are very long/deep.
I think the spaces in the group of six are a bit narrow.

You appear to be in the other two deeper spaces that may be setup for the Cybertruck.

Charged twice here today. Quick charges. New Model 3. When battery was at around 30% I only got 165kw briefly and it hovered around 160 before going to the 150s.

I even set this as destination and it preconditioned the battery before arrival. ‍♂️

Needed the charge anyway but wanted to really see the 250kw

Reactions: Reddy Kilowatt
Charged twice here today. Quick charges. New Model 3. When battery was at around 30% I only got 165kw briefly and it hovered around 160 before going to the 150s.

I even set this as destination and it preconditioned the battery before arrival. ‍♂️

"Only got 165KW" That is doing pretty good for a 30% rate of charge. I got 201KW briefly once at the Chantilly/ South Riding site when I only had 20-40 miles of range left. I had gotten out of the car to get some Chicken and came back to it at that level reducing. But it had added 65 miles of range in no time.

Nice to see the high charge rates.

If you want to see 250 kW, you have to be under 20%; ideally under 15%.

Just checking to ask: has anyone has used this Supercharger? Supercharge.info says it opened on October 15, but I'd like to be sure before I count on it for a long drive.

Oops! Sorry I didn't scroll down far enough to see that there have been some recent posts.

I drove from Chapel Hill NC to York PA on Saturday, a pretty good day for traffic and Supercharging! I made 4 stops along the way in Lynchburg and Madison VA, Frederick MD and Gettysburg PA — all at Sheetz stations. Thank you Sheetz/Tesla partnership! I took Hwys. 29 and 15 to Gettysburg (avoiding interstates and some older slower charging locations), then a non-interstate to York — only slow section was immediately west of DC where the road was small and went through several towns.

Stats
  • 7:05 of driving, 400 actual miles = 57mph
  • 406 rated miles of energy used (slower speed, mix of elevation changes)
  • 1:30 of time charging/eating = less than expected 22% > driving, only 0:30 incremental to food/rest