Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12 stalls, 1000 or more locals... it will be fascinating to see this unfold. If 26 actually go in at 5 points, that should ease the pain from tragic to merely impossible.

Better than no stalls. Things I think have a way of working out. There is one 70A free charger in the area that I know of, all electrics and hybrids in the area can use it, can't imagine how many cars that is, and it's still fairly easy to get on it.

Reactions: Gray468
I drove past it tonight, 10:30 or so, full crew.The backhoe was doing something inside the fence, couldn't see without likely getting shooed off. They have to be bringing power to it, several holes have showed up on Marketplace Drive on the right side, including next to it. There are three or four metal plates in the street.

I've not, a guy with dual 40A chargers showed me what he was getting. 70A, 50mph. I have a single 40A charger, I get 30mph.

Never got more than 69 amps. Maybe it’s unique to my car... every radar speed sign is always 1 mph higher than what the car says... (unrelated, I know, but an interesting coincidence).

I do get 48 mph with cabin heater on, 51 with it off.

I have seen many (10-15?) different Tesla’s at that station. Most that I have talked to have few other charging options. I try to limit to an hour or less (generally while grocery shopping).

The two charger stalls at work are always full. Half the time with Tesla’s. But it only delivers 18 mph, and most cars are there from 8 till about 3.

Glad to hear there is serious activity at the market place location.

The whole corridor is under-served... they need a huge charger (like Kettleman) south of Santa Barbara and one up in King City or Santa Margarita. I'm surprised the lines aren't worse in the corridor given Tesla's explosive growth coupled with anemic supercharger growth from Ventura to Salinas on 101.

Totally agree on another Supercharger in King City.

• Love
Reactions: goldengate
In case there was any doubt about the staging area behind Home Depot. I saw “Tesla” written on two of the pallets this afternoon. There’s also now a bunch of plastic PVC conduit and a cutting machine there now too.
DFD3F03E-3853-46F7-BBB4-A6AF18B5599D.jpeg

Reactions: chriscasti
Day to day I wouldn't use them, but on trips, i really don't want to get home with 40 miles left, so I always stop at Buellton if coming from north or Thousand Oaks if coming from the south, and fill up. If we had a SC station here then I wouldn't be bothered about coming home with 20 miles or whatever, I can fill it up quickly.

As it is best I can do is locally is 30mph, at my office 25, so it's an all day thing versus stopping at whichever station and filling up for 40 minutes or so, leaving me with plus minus 200 and no need to worry about it when iI get home. This way, SC station at Camino Real, no matter what I don't worry about it, except I'm a little fearful of what the lines are going to be like, at least at the outset.

Charge from either side, I think the only dual charger car I looked at I tried prying a little on the right side, didn't get anywhere, still wondered what dual chargers were.

The SC here said that they don't think it's really offered anymore, even though you can get a price quote on it. I asked what about installing a second charger myself, they said don't do it, at least on a warranty car.

What I was really after was to get someone there to say, "I can do it", but I didn't get it. I have a second charger, it's in my garage, not in my car.

Reactions: erthquake
Can you share what charger you're talking about or is it a secret? Edit: oh figured it out. I have never tried this location but I should give it a shot sometime.

Oh, I wouldn't go there. Bad part of town, fistfights in the parking lot over places in line, people unplugging you at random. Guys make YouTube videos of themselves doing donuts in that parking lot. Points for smoke and how close you come to the parked cars. A Hellcat Challenger showed up the other day, you couldn't see for ten minutes. But he didn't hit anyone, usually they do. The gym next door, the last half hour of each lesson is go find someone in the parking lot next door and beat them up.

There was a sign on the charger the other day, the day I swore I'd never go back there, "New rideshare pilot program, If you see a car plugged into this it means that you are free to take it".

The sign did, however give useful driving tips if you were to take a car. "If you take a Prius, get in the outside lane on the highway and go 64MPH. If at night, turn your brights on". "If taking a Tesla, pass the Prius to the right and come as close as you can to clipping both his rear and his front". "If taking a Fiat, drive 20 miles and drop it, don't get into the outside lane and don't try to pass anyone".

Anyway, that charger is bad news, you certainly don't want to go there:)

• Funny
Reactions: erthquake and 2TNE
Oh, I wouldn't go there. Bad part of town, fistfights in the parking lot over places in line, people unplugging you at random. Guys make YouTube videos of themselves doing donuts in that parking lot. Points for smoke and how close you come to the parked cars. A Hellcat Challenger showed up the other day, you couldn't see for ten minutes. But he didn't hit anyone, usually they do. The gym next door, the last half hour of each lesson is go find someone in the parking lot next door and beat them up.

There was a sign on the charger the other day, the day I swore I'd never go back there, "New rideshare pilot program, If you see a car plugged into this it means that you are free to take it".

The sign did, however give useful driving tips if you were to take a car. "If you take a Prius, get in the outside lane on the highway and go 64MPH. If at night, turn your brights on". "If taking a Tesla, pass the Prius to the right and come as close as you can to clipping both his rear and his front". "If taking a Fiat, drive 20 miles and drop it, don't get into the outside lane and don't try to pass anyone".

Anyway, that charger is bad news, you certainly don't want to go there:)
Wow! I must have missed all that excitement. Although I do sometimes take a nap while charging...

• Funny
Reactions: chriscasti