Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love me some louver.
Thanks so much for the comparison.
Would a Nissan Dealer (with Chademo adapter of course) be a 3rd option for Greenville?
I know they are fine with Teslas charging, do not know the charging rate or access to coffee and food.

There are a few Nissan dealers in the Greenville area but none of them have DC Fast Charging stations.

Every time I see this thread has activity, I get excited for a second, only to see that it's another post about workarounds. And now I've contributed to the problem :)

Finally! I got this response today from Tesla after I wrote them asking about when we would finally have a supercharger between Charlotte and Atlanta:

Thank you for your email. We are excited to share that we have chosen a new location in the Greenville area and we are approaching the construction phase of the project. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

Does anyone in the area have information on the new location?

It would be nice if eventually Greenville S.C. had two supercharger locations. One, this new location being reported and the second eventually being the old location, once the suit is settled of course. Goodness only knows you all deserve it after this lonnnnnnnnnng wait. I still can't wait to find out what the heck could have disturbed the neighbor of the stalled location so much that a lawsuit flared.

Finally! I got this response today from Tesla after I wrote them asking about when we would finally have a supercharger between Charlotte and Atlanta:

Thank you for your email. We are excited to share that we have chosen a new location in the Greenville area and we are approaching the construction phase of the project. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

Does anyone in the area have information on the new location?

There was a post in September with a nearly identical claim from Tesla. Hopefully they didn't just copy pasta old incorrect info.

Supercharger - Greenville, SC - Page 19

The City of Greenville's Green Ribbon Action Committee has setup a survey asking for input from EV owners about charging options. Here is the link... Please take survey as it is the only "demand side" input for the Greenville situation.

Electric Vehicle Charging Station Information Survey

The survey is only 3 questions, and at the end it gives you a unique link to post a geotag where you want new charging options in Greenville. I have posted a geotag at the intersection of Woodruff Road and Interstate 85. That is where the old defunct supercharger location is... It's still the best general location for Level 3 charging...

So here's what I am learning from the city of Greenville... They do not seem very comfortable with providing a preference to any one type of electric vehicle... So much, that they say that Level 3 chargers do not accommodate all EVs (Chevy volt for example) and that is why they have such few L3 chargers...

While why a volt needs fast charging can be debated a really long time (it's extended range ICE generator)...

we may want to stay away from shamelessly promoting the tesla supercharger. My belief is that through some careful relationship building with the city, they will see the value and help...

The lack of Level 3 in Greenville grounded my Tesla.
Have to pick up daughter at music camp outside of Asheville on Friday. Will leave at 1 arrive at 5 and head back to Atlanta around 8:30 PM.
There is no charging in the small town where the camp is other than Level1
Luckily my wife's i3 needs servicing so a BMW loaner will serve as our transportation. it will be my first ICE experience since before last Christmas.
Here's hoping the powers that be in the City of Greenville and Tesla will push through a Charging Center.
When I was anticipating a trip like this in July of 2014, I had some misplaced faith that a supercharger would be firmly settled in by now.

The lack of Level 3 in Greenville grounded my Tesla.
Have to pick up daughter at music camp outside of Asheville on Friday. Will leave at 1 arrive at 5 and head back to Atlanta around 8:30 PM.
There is no charging in the small town where the camp is other than Level1
Luckily my wife's i3 needs servicing so a BMW loaner will serve as our transportation. it will be my first ICE experience since before last Christmas.
Here's hoping the powers that be in the City of Greenville and Tesla will push through a Charging Center.
When I was anticipating a trip like this in July of 2014, I had some misplaced faith that a supercharger would be firmly settled in by now.

Not that you need it for this trip now, but upthread there is discussion about a very nice Dentist that is volunteering his 80a HPWC. This could help you on a trip like this with your P85D.

Actually only a Supercharger would do for this particular trip. It's about 240 miles to the Music Camp and some travel is Mountainous. So roundtrip is 480. My Range charge will not get me to the Camp so I would have to pretty much charge fully again at the Dentist's office for at least 2 hours (or more?) each way. Turning a grueling 8 hour drive into a 13-15 hour drive is just not my cup of tea.

True, the Dentist office is really only useful if you can get an overnight full charge at your destination or are going from Decatur/Atlantic Station SC to Charlotte SC. It becomes less useful if you don't have dual chargers in your MS as well. So while it is a perfectly fine solution for me going to ATL, it isn't the same thing as having an SC there. Of course, Asheville also needs an SC at jxn 26 and 40.

th-1.jpg
th-2.jpg
th-3.jpg
th.jpg
attachment.jpg

Just returned after my 1st ICE trip in 9 months.
Certainly prefer driving a Tesla but that long range makes road trips pretty darn stress free.
The acceleration seems sorta cute the way the turbo charged BMW makes all kinds of growls and rumbles to just kinda go sorta fast.
But the thing sips fuel and I made it well over 200 miles with slightly more than 1/2 tank showing....so I am grateful.